Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had letter from AHC

Had letter from AHC

Old Feb 28th 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had letter from AHC

In stead of receiving pre grant letter to day had a letter to ask for more information.
copy of marriage cert which we sent ( solicitor photo copied and signed it) was not good enough.
Mark had a conviction ( driving ) 1992. ( we submitted this information in feb 01 ) now they want statement.
so phoned this morning had to wait in queue for nearly half an hour, no, marriage cert has to be sent again, ok, I then asked why when information on driving conviction was given in feb 01 they are only now asking for information? was told must have been overlooked before. thanks.
Then I asked if this information was going to take another 3 months to process ? answer YES. my reply was thanks very much and I put down the phone. we are not impressed to say the least. They have been given the information required but this is not good enough. to be honest if this had been anything else I would have told them to get stuffed. We now have to wait till sometime in june and meds run out begining of oct , does not leave a lot of time to arrange things to leave by oct

Liz and Mark
Old Feb 28th 2003, 6:21 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had letter from AHC

Sorry to hear about the mess, but I would have thought that anyone with any form of prior conviction should seriously not consider the DIY route. That's just my opinion, of course.

Peter

Originally posted by liz and mark
Mark had a conviction ( driving ) 1992. ( we submitted this information in feb 01 ) now they want statement.
so phoned this morning had to wait in queue for nearly half an hour, no, marriage cert has to be sent again, ok, I then asked why when information on driving conviction was given in feb 01 they are only now asking for information? was told must have been overlooked before.
Old Feb 28th 2003, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
Sorry to hear about the mess, but I would have thought that anyone with any form of prior conviction should seriously not consider the DIY route. That's just my opinion, of course.

Peter

Not sure I know what you mean DIY route, we submitted this information as directed by our agent, as we were told if we did not tell them of this and they checked and found we had with held this could cost us our visas as I had another of their clients.

thanks anyway
Old Feb 28th 2003, 8:25 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Ah... I had assumed you didn't have an agent. Apologies.

It's a shame that your agent couldn't predict the need for more detailed documents in your case, with the end-result of your suffering more waits and anxiety. Then again, agents aren't perfect, I guess.

Good luck.

Peter

Originally posted by liz and mark
Not sure I know what you mean DIY route, we submitted this information as directed by our agent, as we were told if we did not tell them of this and they checked and found we had with held this could cost us our visas as I had another of their clients.

thanks anyway