Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had job offer but.......

Had job offer but.......

Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had job offer but.......

I don't understand the type of visa !

My job offer states that the Visa is a 4 year temp working visa and the company will sponsor me for PR within that 4 year period.

Is this normal ? I know the short falls of temporary visa's V PR and would like to get my PR as soon as possible.
Do I have to work for the company for a minimum period before they can start the PR application or can they start the PR process straight away ?

I've tried a search but could not find the answer to above !

Hope you can help.

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Had job offer but.......

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon

My job offer states that the Visa is a 4 year temp working visa and the company will sponsor me for PR within that 4 year period.

Is this normal ? I know the short falls of temporary visa's V PR and would like to get my PR as soon as possible.
Do I have to work for the company for a minimum period before they can start the PR application or can they start the PR process straight away ?

Hope you can help.

Ian
Hello

We are here on a temporary visa (457) and are just about to apply for RSMS
which is a permanent visa, we have been here about 8 mths. I don't think there is a waiting period before you can apply for this type of visa, not sure if its the same with ENS etc
Sue
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:45 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you can help.

Ian
NZ will miss you guys

But Australia will welcome you
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hope you can help.

Ian
As far as I'm aware they can start the PR application ASAP, but this is something you will have to sort out with them.
They may want you to work for them for so many months/years before they sponsor for PR - it will be up to the company so if I was you I'd discuss this with them before you accept the job.
Good luck
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Where would I find that specific information ?
Just so I am armed with all the relevent info before I next speak to them.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Got this off the website -

have worked full-time in Australia in the occupation for which they have been nominated for the last two years (and have spent at least the last year working for the employer who is nominating them)

Have I read it right ?

So I go over on a 457 visa and only after 2 years the company can sponsor me for PR ?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Got this off the website -

have worked full-time in Australia in the occupation for which they have been nominated for the last two years (and have spent at least the last year working for the employer who is nominating them)

Have I read it right ?

So I go over on a 457 visa and only after 2 years the company can sponsor me for PR ?
Or , if you complete and pass a skills assessment (by the relevant body), the company can sponsor you for PR at any time, I believe.
After two years you do not require a skills assessments.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, I understand now !

I've got to work the 2 years because my qualifications would not be enough to apply for PR straight away.
I guess there are a lot of people who have gained PR this way, I'm just a bit iffy about the "leaving the Country after 28 days"
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:54 pm
A new Perthonian!

HellasAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Had job offer but.......

Hi,

My company are also sponsoring me on a 457 Visa with the benefit of applying for my ENS after 12 months. The reason my company did it this way was because it takes approx 12 months to apply for an ENS, whereas it takes considerably shorter to apply for and be approved for a 457. My company want me there yesterday, so this is why it was done this way. Perhaps it's the same for your company?

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

That makes sense, they do want me there quick. How long does the Visa take ?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:22 pm
A new Perthonian!

Smile Re: Had job offer but.......

That makes sense, they do want me there quick. How long does the Visa take ?
Hi Ian,

I'm afraid I can't give a definate answer to that one, but you should be prepared for a delay as immigration are experiencing a backlog at the moment. Perhaps it would help if your company wrote a letter to your CO or MA detailing the reasons why, if your visa isn't approved soon, it would cause the company difficulties? Mine did that and things appear to be moving a lot quicker than they were!

Regards,
Ed
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HellasAU
Perhaps it would help if your company wrote a letter to your CO or MA detailing the reasons why, if your visa isn't approved soon, it would cause the company difficulties? Mine did that and things appear to be moving a lot quicker than they were!

Regards,
Ed
Hi Ed,

The company I am hopefully going working for have sponsored people from the UK and had no problems, I'm a Brit living in NZ which should not make any difference.
Just got to rely on them, if they want me to start work in January they'll have to pull some strings !

Ian
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HellasAU
Hi,

My company are also sponsoring me on a 457 Visa with the benefit of applying for my ENS after 12 months. The reason my company did it this way was because it takes approx 12 months to apply for an ENS
No it doesn't. ENS and RSMS are prioritised by DIMA.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ed,

The company I am hopefully going working for have sponsored people from the UK and had no problems, I'm a Brit living in NZ which should not make any difference.
Just got to rely on them, if they want me to start work in January they'll have to pull some strings !

Ian
If they are looking at a 457 then it is quite possible to get it all sorted for January. We came over on a 457 and applied for PR straight away through a company sponsored 856 visa (Ian did the skill check thing). We had no problems and if you are concerned about the 457 then check out the thread about the possible pitfalls. It worked for us and does for a lot of people but it does rely on you liking your job and having a suitable package so know your stuff before hand.
Good luck.
Nicky
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:06 am
A new Perthonian!

Talking Re: Had job offer but.......

Originally Posted by JAJ
No it doesn't. ENS and RSMS are prioritised by DIMA.
..Allow me to re-phrase... ENS Visas take a lot longer than a 457 visa to be approved; this information can be sough from any thread on here that discusses the length of time for an ENS. Plus, I know 4 people, for whom it took longer than 12 months to be approved.

In addition, my 457 visa should be approved within the next few weeks; considerably quicker than an ENS, don't you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.