Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:12 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Question Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

EEEK. Raining yesterday and the electric garage door didn't go up fully (obviously didn't like the damp weather) I drive a Caravelle with roof bars on and basically I've twisted the door a bit .....it's noticeable from the outside but I reckon could be 'panel beaten' out. We're in a rental and don't fancy losing the $1,900 bond......is the owner covered for this accidental damage by a moron or will we lose our money?????

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Originally Posted by philian4
EEEK. Raining yesterday and the electric garage door didn't go up fully (obviously didn't like the damp weather) I drive a Caravelle with roof bars on and basically I've twisted the door a bit .....it's noticeable from the outside but I reckon could be 'panel beaten' out. We're in a rental and don't fancy losing the $1,900 bond......is the owner covered for this accidental damage by a moron or will we lose our money?????

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x
Do what I did and 'panel beat it out' .
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x

Do what they do on that Aussie advert, paint a nice new looking garage door on the crumpled one

If I was the owner of the house, id take ya bond, you dozey pom lmao
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:28 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Do what they do on that Aussie advert, paint a nice new looking garage door on the crumpled one

If I was the owner of the house, id take ya bond, you dozey pom lmao

Wouldn't look like a dozey Pom if the stupid Aussie door worked properly!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:50 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

get a quote to get it fixed...then work out whats cheaper...repair or bond!!!

oh and btw what a tit lol
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:34 pm
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

you could tell the owner it was the wind, a gale blew in that could be an act of god, might work, tricky one though
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:00 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by biggy
get a quote to get it fixed...then work out whats cheaper...repair or bond!!!

oh and btw what a tit lol

What is it with men????? If a bloke had done it it would've been....."bad luck mate"
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:50 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x

It should be covered under your car insurance.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 4:57 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Smile Re: Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
It should be covered under your car insurance.

..............never thought of that. Thanks!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x
Hold on a minute, aren't you all missing the point?

Obviously the landlord is to blame for having a faulty door in the first place. Sue the bugger for the damage to your car.......

Andy, think outside the square
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:37 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Talking Re: Had an incident with the garage door....what would you do???

Originally Posted by andy thomas

Obviously the landlord is to blame for having a faulty door in the first place. Sue the bugger for the damage to your car.......

thought of this one straight away, as it genuinely was faulty. However there's no damage to my car......might try sueing for mental trauma though!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy thomas

However a landlord is not responsible for subsequent damage following a non reported fault which he is unable to have an opportunity to remedy. That and driving into a door by not paying attention would be weak in arguement I think.

However - if its going to be a huge bill you could always speak to the landlord, be front up explain that it broke and you didnt notice. He will have a tenants building insurance (hopefully) and this would be covered. The excess would be quite small I would think.

Honesty always is the best policy sometimes I always reckon and friendly reconsiliation if nothing else makes you feel better about it I always think.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:26 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any advice??

Phil x
I've just got a quote for a new garage door, a double panel door was $2400 and a single was $1700
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:33 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

..............never thought of that. Thanks!
Yeah, well you wouldn't have would you!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

What is it with men????? If a bloke had done it it would've been....."bad luck mate"
I'm a wummin :s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.