Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had to go to the Police today !

Had to go to the Police today !

Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:20 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Had to go to the Police today !

......To collect my wallet i dropped it some where in town and four hours later got it back .
All there , money ,cards the lot !
Lots of them get handed in I'm told by the officer !
A big thanks to the person who found it
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Had to go to the Police today !

Originally Posted by Perthforme
......To collect my wallet i dropped it some where in town and four hours later got it back .

You're welcome

Any chance of a reward
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:24 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
You're welcome

Any chance of a reward
Real life karma will sort you out ( sending a thank you letter and reward to the real person )
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Real life karma will sort you out ( sending a thank you letter and reward to the real person )
Worth a try

When in Oz in 92, found a purse with wads of cash as well as cards and bits of paper with 4 digit numbers on, as well as mini statements showing $$$ in an account. Handed it to the police station and left my address. Three months later, the lady sent me $50 reward.
Honesty pays.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:15 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody el you were lucky to get it all back
Just goes to show not everyones bad eh!!

kris xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:15 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Worth a try

When in Oz in 92, found a purse with wads of cash as well as cards and bits of paper with 4 digit numbers on, as well as mini statements showing $$$ in an account. Handed it to the police station and left my address. Three months later, the lady sent me $50 reward.
Honesty pays.
Emptying the wallet and withdrawing loads of cash would have paid more
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:16 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Emptying the wallet and withdrawing loads of cash would have paid more

Just what I was thinking

kris xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Just what I was thinking

kris xx

Tut tut...thats a dreadful attitude.

My mam always said, 'honesty is the best policy'.

(most of the time)
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:23 pm
Happy Member

(most of the time)
Yeh just think of being able to shop without looking at prices

Kris xx
( I am honest really)
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:23 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

(most of the time)

Paul I an Ideal world I would agree. To be honest it is a good value to be taught when young. If only everybody shared your attitude the world would be a better place. Cos then I could beat that idiot that stole my pushbike when I was 7
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:35 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats puts a bit of faith back into the human race eh!!!! How nice of them.....
Jane x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Last year when I was back in the UK, my wallet fell out of my pocket in a taxi. I rang the taxi company next day: no joy, they gave me the phone number of the driver, so I rang him, and he swore blind he didnt find it. Anyhow, I told him I had already reported the loss to the police (which I had done), and cancelled all of the vredit cards.

A couple of weeks after I got back to Australia, my son (in England) rang me. The police had found my wallet (dumped on the pavement right outside the police station). My son went down to collect it. All my cards were still there, but all the cash had gone (80 quid), including $50 Singapore and $20 Australian.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:29 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

That's happened to me a few times, and once I left it in the toilet in a busy city centre pub (half pissed I probably was) and I went back to see if it was still there, and it was! But the arseholes that had found it, had nicked the 6 pounds in coins that was in. Luckily I hadn't been to the bank, and all my cards were still there too
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
That's happened to me a few times, and once I left it in the toilet in a busy city centre pub (half pissed I probably was) and I went back to see if it was still there, and it was! But the arseholes that had found it, had nicked the 6 pounds in coins that was in. Luckily I hadn't been to the bank, and all my cards were still there too

Funny you have posted on this thread. As I read the OP it made me think of the story you told us on Sunday re the rucksack. You really are a bit forgetful arent you . Hope you remember which patients you are looking after

To the OP, how lucky was that.

I would always hand a purse etc in if I found it, my conscience wouldn't let me do otherwise. Some people are just scum . I recently lost my mobile, somewhere between my car and the hairdressers. I rang my number as soon as I realised I'd lost it and it went straight to answerphone. I know for a fact that the phone was switched on and the battery was charged which means somebody had probably taken out the SIM card. I wasnt bothered too much about the phone because that is replaceable but it had all my numbers stored on it (stupidly I dont write them down just keep them in my phone!). Worst of all though it had photos of my late husband on it which are irreplaceable . Luckily my favourite photo, the one of him and the kids at a restaurant on my birthday last year, I sent to my kids phones after he died as it was a lovely photo for them to remember him by.

Would have gladly paid a reward to get it back but some people are just so dishonest

Tracey
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:23 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Funny you have posted on this thread. As I read the OP it made me think of the story you told us on Sunday re the rucksack. You really are a bit forgetful arent you . Hope you remember which patients you are looking after

Tracey
The first time was due to being pissed, and the incident with the rucksack was due to jet lag!

They are my excuses and I am sticking to them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.