Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

had a big tick from customs!!!!

had a big tick from customs!!!!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default had a big tick from customs!!!!

had call from Graham to say the Quarantine guy has cleared our stuff, he had to meet him this morning to check things, he opened a few boxes and said fine, we had 117 boxes/furniture items altogther and he said how well labelled and easy our container was he wanted to look at my shoes, was a bit shocked how many boxes there were!!!!!! checked Oliver's electric ride in car and a few wooden items, very happy with how gleaming they were, prize must go to my Mum who did most of that

Also to report, Graham says all looks ok, no damage as far as he can see, will update later..............

Boat arrived last weds so only took week to go through customs, am so happy my bits are on there way...........anyone need any advice re packing yourselves, just shout

Teresa
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:43 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Its amazing how getting your stuff back makes a new house feel like home.

And only 1 weeks to clear customs. Wow !!! Ours took nearly 3 weeks.

PS. Happy Birthday Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: had a big tick from customs!!!!

Originally posted by Swifts
had call from Graham to say the Quarantine guy has cleared our stuff, he had to meet him this morning to check things, he opened a few boxes and said fine, we had 117 boxes/furniture items altogther and he said how well labelled and easy our container was he wanted to look at my shoes, was a bit shocked how many boxes there were!!!!!! checked Oliver's electric ride in car and a few wooden items, very happy with how gleaming they were, prize must go to my Mum who did most of that

Also to report, Graham says all looks ok, no damage as far as he can see, will update later..............

Boat arrived last weds so only took week to go through customs, am so happy my bits are on there way...........anyone need any advice re packing yourselves, just shout

Teresa

Cool. My stuff gets here on the 23rd, so hopefully it'll zoom through customs too!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:14 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you'll feel so much better to have your things about you Teresa!

Glad it whizzed through so quickly for you!

Siren
Old Aug 4th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Its amazing how getting your stuff back makes a new house feel like home.

And only 1 weeks to clear customs. Wow !!! Ours took nearly 3 weeks.

PS. Happy Birthday Graham

he says thanks Mairi

pleased to report that there is no damage and our english tv works perfectly, no alterations or running through oz video!!!

have unpacked loads and opened rest to check, looking so much better here and Oliver has been beside himself with all his books and toys, I do think though a garage sale will be coming up as we have alot of things that I can't find homes for.........how many glasses do you really need
Old Aug 4th 2004, 3:45 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Teresa
Teresa

I's soooo sorry. When I saw your thread title this was what I first thought of (they don't call me DollyDaydream for nuthin'!!).

Glad to hear all has gone well. There must be nothing better than getting your own things back.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

How do you like life in Perth so far?

D D
Attached Images  
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Teresa

I's soooo sorry. When I saw your thread title this was what I first thought of (they don't call me DollyDaydream for nuthin'!!).

Glad to hear all has gone well. There must be nothing better than getting your own things back.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

How do you like life in Perth so far?

D D

thanks for the pic, do you know when I posted that title I did think the same!!!!! but couldn't be bothered to think of another title......

been great seeing our stuff again, having more than 4 plates in the house is good too

really like it here, have settled in so well, better than I imagined so have Oliver and Graham, helps having good people around you.

How's things with you? can't seem to keep track of people now as only on and off of here, in between everything else!!!

Teresa
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Great news Teresa and co,
enjoy all the unpacking!
hugs
Rach x
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:33 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the pic, do you know when I posted that title I did think the same!!!!! but couldn't be bothered to think of another title......

been great seeing our stuff again, having more than 4 plates in the house is good too

really like it here, have settled in so well, better than I imagined so have Oliver and Graham, helps having good people around you.

How's things with you? can't seem to keep track of people now as only on and off of here, in between everything else!!!

Teresa

Teresa

We have a long way to go before we're as lucky as you!

We're heading for Melbourne and we're in the process of getting stuff together for husbands RPL.

Which part of Perth did you choose? We were initially going to head for Perth so have done a lot of research but decided Melbourne would have more job prospects for hubby.

D D
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Teresa

We have a long way to go before we're as lucky as you!

We're heading for Melbourne and we're in the process of getting stuff together for husbands RPL.

Which part of Perth did you choose? We were initially going to head for Perth so have done a lot of research but decided Melbourne would have more job prospects for hubby.

D D
We are north of the city about 1/2 hour drive. Its hard to know where will be best for jobs, Graham got work so easily in Sydney 6 years ago but we decided to opt for Perth for various reasons. Hope all goes ok and you get to Melbourne soon, front load your application, we did and got it quickly
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:20 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

We are north of the city about 1/2 hour drive. Its hard to know where will be best for jobs, Graham got work so easily in Sydney 6 years ago but we decided to opt for Perth for various reasons. Hope all goes ok and you get to Melbourne soon, front load your application, we did and got it quickly
Teresa,

Just went on CareerOne website yesterday and filled in their form and they'll send details which fit hubby's working criteria (well, nearest anyway!!!). Got a few jobs through today so he'll look at them when he gets home from work. Will do same with other websites as well. Probably nothing will come of it but at least we'll get a feel for what's out there and a ball-park figure on salaries etc.

Frontloading is definitely an option we may go for.

Thanks for the info.

Take care,

D D