Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

H2O Gravity Games coming to Perth

H2O Gravity Games coming to Perth

Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:04 am
owieb

Default H2O Gravity Games coming to Perth

This was annouced a couple of months ago, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case people missed it in the news.

Certainly looks set to be an awesome event and it will give people the chance to see why Perth is a fantastic (or "sick" if you speak the lingo! ) place for extreme sports!

This is the first time the event has ever been held outside of the US and of all the places they could have chosen, they've gone for 'little old Perth'!

http://www.thewest.com.au/20040728/n...sto128793.html

http://www.gravitygames.com/article/view/35/

With legends like Robbie Naish coming to town it's certainly going to be worth popping down to Leighton beach to watch some of the kiting action!

Enjoy.

Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H2O Gravity Games coming to Perth

Originally Posted by owieb
This was annouced a couple of months ago, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case people missed it in the news.

Certainly looks set to be an awesome event and it will give people the chance to see why Perth is a fantastic (or "sick" if you speak the lingo! ) place for extreme sports!

This is the first time the event has ever been held outside of the US and of all the places they could have chosen, they've gone for 'little old Perth'!

http://www.thewest.com.au/20040728/n...sto128793.html

http://www.gravitygames.com/article/view/35/

With legends like Robbie Naish coming to town it's certainly going to be worth popping down to Leighton beach to watch some of the kiting action!

Enjoy.
You just ain't yoof anymore. Its fully sik.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 7:25 am
owieb

Originally Posted by bondipom
You just ain't yoof anymore. Its fully sik.
Even in my "yoof" I could never speak the lingo; and now being older it sounds even worse if I try it!

Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wicked!!! (that was the lingo the last time I lived here, anyway, 8 years ago.....)

Wow, why haven't I heard about this before!!??!!

Thanks!

We should meet up at some events!!

Wow, my diary has never been so full!!! (got a high school reunion this weekend in Bridgetown + a medieval 'festival'(day) in Balingup)
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:17 pm
owieb

Originally Posted by Simone
We should meet up at some events!!

It's a date!

Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's a date!
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:38 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Eh, it's not a date anymore... sorry!

Going camping near Bunbury with friends! (for 1 night!)
Seriously, we're just TOO busy!
Bummed we won't be seeing any of the events, but not bummed enough to cancel camping!

Have fun, and whoever else is going!

Main area is a park in South Perth, and it's all free entry apparently.
Good for people with teenagers I reckon! (maggy, jo)

P.S. Owieb, glad Pascal finally emailed you! He should've earlier, but I guess you probably did guess is wasn't going to work out
Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:08 pm
owieb

Originally Posted by Simone
Eh, it's not a date anymore... sorry!
No worries Simone, have fun camping!

Gravity Games have been good today, plenty of action in the kitesurfing comp. Probably not worth popping down unless you into kiting or are interested in finding out more about kiting.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 3:34 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

No worries Simone, have fun camping!

Gravity Games have been good today, plenty of action in the kitesurfing comp. Probably not worth popping down unless you into kiting or are interested in finding out more about kiting.
Yeahh. I love watching it all though, but... I'm not the water/extreme sports type... Didn't get my ass in gear for the windsurfing last week either.. my excuse was I was very busy, and the weather was going to be bad(turned out ok!).
Do you know if those 'have a go' days were succesfull?
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:51 pm
owieb

The kitesurfing comp was awesome Simone; you could have been cheering for your fellow national Rueben who took the title for Netherlands!

http://www.hanglos.nl/asp/news/shown...p?ArtCode=6344

You'll probably understand the story better than me!

Last edited by owieb; Oct 16th 2004 at 2:55 pm.

Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:15 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

The kitesurfing comp was awesome Simone; you could have been cheering for your fellow national Rueben who took the title for Netherlands!

http://www.hanglos.nl/asp/news/shown...p?ArtCode=6344

You'll probably understand the story better than me! ;-)
lol cool!
That's a combination of Dutch, English and texttalk
BUt yeah, he seems quite happy, and he loved Oz and the Gravity games, and he was looking forward to some party in Belgium, cos he couldn't drink here?! Oh, wait, maybe he's under 18? (In Holland and prob Belgium you can drink beer and wine from age 16)

Anyway... I don't care that I missed it, I discovered 4WDing!!! And I wasn't even driving myself!!
Unfortunetley we got there (Wellington Dam, east of Bunbury) to late in the afternoon, all the(good) camping spots were taken, and it was already dark, so we drove an hour back to Bunbury, had a bbq at friends house, went out, and just stayed there!
NEXT TIME, we'll go there sat morning, go swimming etc etc.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We popped down today to have a look around, boy was it hot down there, there was no breeze at all. We had a walk around watched a couple of events, stroked a police horse, popped to the pet shop across the road and then left.
Looked ok though from what we saw.
Joanne