Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gym with a creche on the Gold Coast?

Gym with a creche on the Gold Coast?

Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gym with a creche on the Gold Coast?

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a nice (and reasonably priced!) gym on the Gold Coast, preferably around the southern end as we'll initially be in Varsity Lakes. I'd prefer one with lots of different classes, thats not to "posey" if you know what I mean The thing is it will have to have a creche as I'll have the baby with me during the day.

Lindsay x
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all
Default Re: Gym with a creche on the Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Just wondered if anyone could recommend a nice (and reasonably priced!) gym on the Gold Coast, preferably around the southern end as we'll initially be in Varsity Lakes. I'd prefer one with lots of different classes, thats not to "posey" if you know what I mean The thing is it will have to have a creche as I'll have the baby with me during the day.

Lindsay x
Hi, I joined a new gym called Fenix which is opening the beg of April so there are loads of new member joining deals (think my one is $13 a week) . I think it is very child friendly have a look at their website. It is just off the motorway at Nerang. They have a creche etc. Alternatively Fitness First do a membership where you can use any one of the clubs so handy if you are likely to move about.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that, just had a look at the Fenix site, looks quite good and they seem to do classes in the school holidays for kids which would be great for us. Your membership deal sounds quite good as well, are classes included in that?

Lindsay x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Currumbin have a great gym with a creche. It was a Beach House but seems to have been taken over by someone else who's name escapes me but it's quite new and the equipment is great and the people lovely. I'll see if I can find who they are now.

Edit: Now called One Life. Fill in the form and you get a free week to see what you think.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 14th 2009 at 2:04 am.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, just checked out the site, doesn't give much away!

I'm not arriving till June (13 weeks yesterday (not that I'm counting!)) , but if its still on offer when we get there then the free weeks trial sounds quite good.

Lindsay x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Lindsay x

Hiya, we are in varsity just joined fitness first they have loads of classes through out the day and evening, think i pay $20 a week, it also has a pool which the children can use at weekends, it does have a creche but not used it.

Claire
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Thanks for that, just had a look at the Fenix site, looks quite good and they seem to do classes in the school holidays for kids which would be great for us. Your membership deal sounds quite good as well, are classes included in that?

Lindsay x
yes everything but it does not have a pool just a spa. But free breakfasts was my main attraction! My kids are older but I believe they are really child friendly. I joined xmas time way before it opens! Building myself up to the shock of exercicing so I dont know what deal they are doing now. But worth a look.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Gym with a creche on the Gold Coast?

Lindsay x
I have recently joined the Fernwood gym, ladies only (so no eye candy but no worries about being seen sweaty and hideous ) but with a creche. It is 1 of a group and you can attend any of the locations. I go to the 1 in the Robina Town Centre, but they are all over the place.

The building itself is a bit daggy but the staff are awesome. $20 per week includes all your classes, cardio and weights machines, you can pay extra if you want personal trainer sessions, there's no pool but it does have a spa and sauna (I think there's a sauna )

For a lazy fatty I am shocked to say I love it