Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gutted...letter from the DIMIA

Gutted...letter from the DIMIA

Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:43 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Gutted...letter from the DIMIA

saying my assurance or assurrer hasnt been accepted...apparently my brother doesnt earn enough money..F###### great...! I think confusion come from the fact he was in full time education as mature student as he was doing a degree...well he isnt now hes in full time well paid employment...I dont know whats going on,will have to ring him in the morning(dont think he will appreciate a call in the middle of the night)...

I am right in thinking I can have more than one assurer arent I...guess Im going to have to tap up my nephew..hes in the Navy in Oz...must be earning enough between them to make up the money...am I rite in thinking I can do this...

More B##### Hassle...never ending aint it....
Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gutted...letter from the DIMIA

Originally Posted by peppi
saying my assurance or assurrer hasnt been accepted...apparently my brother doesnt earn enough money..F###### great...! I think confusion come from the fact he was in full time education as mature student as he was doing a degree...well he isnt now hes in full time well paid employment...I dont know whats going on,will have to ring him in the morning(dont think he will appreciate a call in the middle of the night)...

I am right in thinking I can have more than one assurer arent I...guess Im going to have to tap up my nephew..hes in the Navy in Oz...must be earning enough between them to make up the money...am I rite in thinking I can do this...

No advice, sorry don't know anything about assurers.
Just wanted to send a little karma and support - I have been through a LOAD of hassle - but now alright - get good advice and you'll get through it soon to.

Cas
Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:57 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
No advice, sorry don't know anything about assurers.
Just wanted to send a little karma and support - I have been through a LOAD of hassle - but now alright - get good advice and you'll get through it soon to.

Cas
Hurray..thats cheered me up...Im off the Karma start post..thanx...I never had any b4

I dont even know how it works...really..
but thanks for the thought...Im fed up now...just as things start moving and they pick up my file finally...more pants gets thrown up at you...it really does try your patients this emigration business............ :scared: I am starting to look like this little blue scared man im sure......
Old Dec 30th 2004, 10:41 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hurray..thats cheered me up...Im off the Karma start post..thanx...I never had any b4

I dont even know how it works...really..
but thanks for the thought...Im fed up now...just as things start moving and they pick up my file finally...more pants gets thrown up at you...it really does try your patients this emigration business............ :scared: I am starting to look like this little blue scared man im sure......
peppi

Income requirements for the mandatory AoS are non-negotiable, and well publicized.

If your brother does not meet the minimum income threshold (for whatever reasons), he won't qualify to assure you. Unfortunately no discretion is allowed for mandatory AoS.

Yes, you could try to get two persons to assure you jointly.

Peter
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peppi
I hope it all works out for you, I was just wondering yesterday where you had got too.
Take care, Karma coming your way
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peppi,

Centrelink are very strict regarding the assurance of support. Your assuror needs to meet the minimum threshold income of two financial years. Note that the amount is based on the Australian CPI.

From what you have mentioned, I guess your brother did not fulfill the two financial years requirement although he earn more than the threshold amount currently.

You can go for the option of joint assuror or find another person to be your assuror.

Rgds,
Van
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said the income requirements for a mandatory AOS are well known and totally inflexible.

You need to tell your case officer you are going to find another assurer as you don't want your application refused before you can fix this.

Jeremy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:06 am
Moomin member

Originally Posted by JAJ
As others have said the income requirements for a mandatory AOS are well known and totally inflexible.

You need to tell your case officer you are going to find another assurer as you don't want your application refused before you can fix this.

Jeremy
thanks everyone for your comments and good wishes...see how it goes...cant do much until the 4th as my case officer is on holiday till then...

peppi
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:03 am
Moomin member

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
do any of you know...what are the chances of them letting me change the visa type at this stage from the 138 to the 136 skilled indi and stumping up the $100000 bond instead...? This isnt the route I wanted to go down as I could use the money obviously when startin out a new but is it an option...I have seen changes to the subclass when the new rules came in as people obviously came into catagorys they didnt qualify for before...would they do that in this instance at my request with out me having to pay out all over again...do you think...?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

do any of you know...what are the chances of them letting me change the visa type at this stage from the 138 to the 136 skilled indi and stumping up the $100000 bond instead...? This isnt the route I wanted to go down as I could use the money obviously when startin out a new but is it an option...I have seen changes to the subclass when the new rules came in as people obviously came into catagorys they didnt qualify for before...would they do that in this instance at my request with out me having to pay out all over again...do you think...?
The chances of that are zero.

Visa subclasses 138 and 136 are in different visa classes (BQ and BN respectively). You can change subclasses but not visa class.

Unless of course you reapply from scratch.

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy,

Just wondering, what does BQ and BN stands for?

Rgds,
Van

Originally Posted by JAJ
The chances of that are zero.

Visa subclasses 138 and 136 are in different visa classes (BQ and BN respectively). You can change subclasses but not visa class.

Unless of course you reapply from scratch.

Jeremy