Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gutted!

quelle bummer. cant you apply to SA???

put a thread on immigration and see if you can get a response from an agent
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:30 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

really don't know what to say, just wanted to say how sorry I was. Glad to hear that you haven't given up, keep trying

Karma sent to try and cheer you up even if only a little.

mandi

sorry can't give k have to spread

Last edited by mandi248; Nov 20th 2005 at 7:32 am. Reason: can't give karma :(
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:31 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie

Nothing in Tas for IT but just checked SA need a job offer to apply but at least its STNI not SIR see link:

http://hwmigration.com/sa.php
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rooksie

really sorry if it makes you feel any better we got refused as well . so gutting i know the feeling, don't get to down ,
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:49 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie brown
really sorry if it makes you feel any better we got refused as well . so gutting i know the feeling, don't get to down ,
So sorry to hear you got refused too! Think I should go retrain as a hairdresser :-)
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:01 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
At 35 years old, you are spring chickens still
There must surely be other ways in which to get there.
Have you got an agent?
Julie.
Yes, we're using George Lombard who's been great.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:03 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by possoms
Nothing in Tas for IT but just checked SA need a job offer to apply but at least its STNI not SIR see link:

http://hwmigration.com/sa.php
Thanks for doing that. We had checked ourselves too. It seems the only place looking for IT bods are Victoria (apparently!!!!) and Central West NSW which isn't a option for us right now.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:03 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by mandi248
really don't know what to say, just wanted to say how sorry I was. Glad to hear that you haven't given up, keep trying

Karma sent to try and cheer you up even if only a little.

mandi

sorry can't give k have to spread
Thanks Mandi
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by herrchook
So sorry to hear you got refused too! Think I should go retrain as a hairdresser :-)
i am one , hubby fitter so it's not just you take care who you take advice off, as bad advice cost us two years and a lot of disappointment not to mention money , ask several agents for advice as some only want the easy stuff and don't know the ins and outs of the process so be careful ask different ones for advice you will be surprised at the different answers you will receive lots of luck cb
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

JerrySpringer is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear the bad news, have you had a look into regional business areas? Places like Ballarat or Albury Wodonga? Melbourne may be the predominant area for IT employment in Vic, but there are opportunities to be had in regional areas. Plenty of companies have regional premises to serve local business. KPMG are in Albury for example. IBM have a large regional office in Ballarat - employs about 300 people, cheaper real estate than the city. Don't give up.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Karma karma karma on the way,

what a dog!!!!
God, go with an agent best thing to do now all the very best of luck in the world

thinking of ya Lace n Co xxx
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:31 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Hi, we both just turned 35 and are in IT.

God, remember me?, nooooooo don't give up, you are too young to give up, when we get there we will be 42, and please, please, please, still come to the meet, no, sorry, take that back if you think it will be too difficult, but don't lose touch.

Lots of love and Karm (athough, have never figured out what that is)
Margaret
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

The case officer in Victoria wasn't on the panel that decided and therefore only has their words to offer which were that they feel it would be difficult for us to gain employment right now. The only other state offers at the moment are SIR and with our fields of employment, we feel that would not be suitable at all for us - hell, if we can't get jobs in Melbourne, then I don't think the "regional" areas would be any better!
We are in regional Victoria and I would seriously have a look before giving up completely. There are large companies out here and they often have difficulties in recruiting staff so it may well be a way into Victoria even if you choose to move into the city at a later date.
Good luck but keep looking as we have a couple of devastating knochbacks before we finally got here and we are loving every minute of it.
All the best.
Nicky
Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Really sorry to hear your news. I can only imagine how gutted you must be.
Would it be possible for you to reapply in, say, six months?
If they're rejecting quite a few at the moment you may have just been unlucky. There's nothing to say you wouldn't have more luck if you tried again in a few months?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't give up! I has taken my husband, children and myself 6 hard years to get out here - and it was worth every damn second of every day.

I had to pass the points test and was continually told by migration experts that 'you will not be accepted'.

I retrained and spent 6 years and I am so happy now. We had many set backs on the way - the main one was when my skills test came back saying that they didn't recognise my degree (I am a qualified teacher of english) - I was gutted. The migration agent tried to give me the deposit back and said the Australian authorities rarely changed their decision on such matters.

Well they hadn't bargained for me had they!

Don't let them crush your hopes and dreams - if somethings is worth having it is worth keeping going for - and australia truly is worth working towards

I've been trying to pluck up the courage to post this all week, it's only tonight I feel able to. We applied for STNI from Victoria nearly 8 weeks ago, and on Tuesday, despite hubby being on their on demand list, we were rejected!!!

Apparently they rejected something like 70% of their most recent applicants and we were amongst the unlucky ones. They are prepared to look at it again for us if we get a job offer so that's where we're concentraing our efforts right now. However, we're realistic enough to know that the chances of getting something in what is apparently a saturated market without a visa are remote.

We're not giving up, but we are slowly coming to terms with the fact that moving to Oz might not happen.

So how do we feel? We feel broken hearted, like someone's died. I'm angry that we left it too late (by 2 months) to pass the point test, and I'm angry that Victoria say they want people with our skills and then say they think we're "unemployable" when we applied. Mostly, I'm just sad. I've dreamt of this for 14 years and I can't really describe how it feels to be losing it!

I've cried a lot this week, felt pretty depressed too. Had a shopping trip today which helped, but now I'm home and it's all feeling very real again.

I haven't even been able to watch anything Australian on the TV - the kids haven't even been allowed to watch the Wiggles.

I'm not leaving the forum, yet anyway!! We're going to keep trying so that even if we don't get a visa, we'll know we tried our best.

Billy, for obvious reasons, we won't be coming to the meet on the 3rd but I hope you have a great night.

Will let you all know if there's any change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.