Gutted!

Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:58 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Gutted!

I've been trying to pluck up the courage to post this all week, it's only tonight I feel able to. We applied for STNI from Victoria nearly 8 weeks ago, and on Tuesday, despite hubby being on their on demand list, we were rejected!!!

Apparently they rejected something like 70% of their most recent applicants and we were amongst the unlucky ones. They are prepared to look at it again for us if we get a job offer so that's where we're concentraing our efforts right now. However, we're realistic enough to know that the chances of getting something in what is apparently a saturated market without a visa are remote.

We're not giving up, but we are slowly coming to terms with the fact that moving to Oz might not happen.

So how do we feel? We feel broken hearted, like someone's died. I'm angry that we left it too late (by 2 months) to pass the point test, and I'm angry that Victoria say they want people with our skills and then say they think we're "unemployable" when we applied. Mostly, I'm just sad. I've dreamt of this for 14 years and I can't really describe how it feels to be losing it!

I've cried a lot this week, felt pretty depressed too. Had a shopping trip today which helped, but now I'm home and it's all feeling very real again.

I haven't even been able to watch anything Australian on the TV - the kids haven't even been allowed to watch the Wiggles.

I'm not leaving the forum, yet anyway!! We're going to keep trying so that even if we don't get a visa, we'll know we tried our best.

Billy, for obvious reasons, we won't be coming to the meet on the 3rd but I hope you have a great night.

Will let you all know if there's any change.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gutted!

What sort of work was your Hubby looking for and what areas if Victoria did you have in mind?

Hels
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I've been trying to pluck up the courage to post this all week, it's only tonight I feel able to. We applied for STNI from Victoria nearly 8 weeks ago, and on Tuesday, despite hubby being on their on demand list, we were rejected!!!

Apparently they rejected something like 70% of their most recent applicants and we were amongst the unlucky ones. They are prepared to look at it again for us if we get a job offer so that's where we're concentraing our efforts right now. However, we're realistic enough to know that the chances of getting something in what is apparently a saturated market without a visa are remote.

We're not giving up, but we are slowly coming to terms with the fact that moving to Oz might not happen.

So how do we feel? We feel broken hearted, like someone's died. I'm angry that we left it too late (by 2 months) to pass the point test, and I'm angry that Victoria say they want people with our skills and then say they think we're "unemployable" when we applied. Mostly, I'm just sad. I've dreamt of this for 14 years and I can't really describe how it feels to be losing it!

I've cried a lot this week, felt pretty depressed too. Had a shopping trip today which helped, but now I'm home and it's all feeling very real again.

I haven't even been able to watch anything Australian on the TV - the kids haven't even been allowed to watch the Wiggles.

I'm not leaving the forum, yet anyway!! We're going to keep trying so that even if we don't get a visa, we'll know we tried our best.

Billy, for obvious reasons, we won't be coming to the meet on the 3rd but I hope you have a great night.

Well I feel gutted for you - all your dreams on hold, it makes you wonder what they want doesn't it. sending you ks
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:04 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
What sort of work was your Hubby looking for and what areas if Victoria did you have in mind?

Hels
He's an IT Project Manager within Financial Svs. We were looking predominantly at working in Melbourne.
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hels

Hels
how old are you both by the way..... what area of work do you do

Justin
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I feel "gutted" for you...

After 14 years of dreaming...I can only imagine your grief...

Dont give up...
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:06 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook

Oh Nooooo I'm so sorry to hear your news,for what reason did they give for rejecting it? Is it possible to apply to another state?

Dont give up.

Kay
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your news,sending you some k,hope it helps.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry to hear that. My first thought was like Possums - what about SA
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:12 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Oh God, herrchook, don't know what to say. Don't give up, try another state, can you apply under your skills? Why were you 2 months late for the points test? Did you use an agent? If not, then why not speak to one and see if they can suggest any other way of you applying. Try and get hold of an Oz telephone directory and just keep phoning companies until one of them gives you a job.

I am truly sorry to hear your news. It was very touch and go with us whether we got it or not and we would have had no other way of applying so we have a vague inkling of how you are feeling, sort of

Keep at it and wishing you the very best of luck that I possibly can.

Anne x
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:16 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by eljustino
how old are you both by the way..... what area of work do you do

Justin
Hi, we both just turned 35 and are in IT.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:17 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Ransi
I feel "gutted" for you...

After 14 years of dreaming...I can only imagine your grief...

Dont give up...
Thanks Ransi
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:19 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by possoms
Oh Nooooo I'm so sorry to hear your news,for what reason did they give for rejecting it? Is it possible to apply to another state?

Dont give up.

Kay
The case officer in Victoria wasn't on the panel that decided and therefore only has their words to offer which were that they feel it would be difficult for us to gain employment right now. The only other state offers at the moment are SIR and with our fields of employment, we feel that would not be suitable at all for us - hell, if we can't get jobs in Melbourne, then I don't think the "regional" areas would be any better!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:21 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

At 35 years old, you are spring chickens still
There must surely be other ways in which to get there.
Have you got an agent?
Julie.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Oh God, herrchook, don't know what to say. Don't give up, try another state, can you apply under your skills? Why were you 2 months late for the points test? Did you use an agent? If not, then why not speak to one and see if they can suggest any other way of you applying. Try and get hold of an Oz telephone directory and just keep phoning companies until one of them gives you a job.

I am truly sorry to hear your news. It was very touch and go with us whether we got it or not and we would have had no other way of applying so we have a vague inkling of how you are feeling, sort of

Keep at it and wishing you the very best of luck that I possibly can.

Anne x
It was our own fault we left it too late, we only just decided to go for it after our birthdays!!! We're using a really great agent so if there's anything we can do, you can bet we'll do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.