Gutted!!!

Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:06 pm

scotmacs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gutted!!!

We just found out today that you have to be under 31 to get a 1yr work visa!!!! Austravel had on two different occasions answered our questions about that visa but neglected to ask our age!!!! ( we are both 43 )

My cousin in Perth is making some phone calls tomorrow to see what she can find out to help us get into Oz. GOD ITS SO HARD...................

ANY ADVICE OR EXPERIENCE FROM ANYONE WHO'S AGE AND LACK OF DIPLOMAS ETC MADE IT VERY HARD TO EMIGRATE WOULD BE TERRIFIC

We now plan to call an migration agent here in the UK to see if there is any hope for us.
We will have a fair bit of capital to go with but not enough for the $100,000 to give for a year!!

Will also try to speak to the migration agent in Perth Oz tomorrow who we saw back in April when we were on holiday there to see what she says..

Its so frustrating knowing you could go out there and work your guts off but because you have years of experience but NO DIPLOMA you can't get accepted.. ( Allan has 15 years of cold calling sales, which is a dying art!! He loves it!! )

Thanks for listening to me sounding off.

Kay
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:10 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gutted!!!

Originally Posted by scotmacs
We just found out today that you have to be under 31 to get a 1yr work visa!!!! Austravel had on two different occasions answered our questions about that visa but neglected to ask our age!!!! ( we are both 43 )

My cousin in Perth is making some phone calls tomorrow to see what she can find out to help us get into Oz. GOD ITS SO HARD...................

ANY ADVICE OR EXPERIENCE FROM ANYONE WHO'S AGE AND LACK OF DIPLOMAS ETC MADE IT VERY HARD TO EMIGRATE WOULD BE TERRIFIC

We now plan to call an migration agent here in the UK to see if there is any hope for us.
We will have a fair bit of capital to go with but not enough for the $100,000 to give for a year!!

Will also try to speak to the migration agent in Perth Oz tomorrow who we saw back in April when we were on holiday there to see what she says..

Its so frustrating knowing you could go out there and work your guts off but because you have years of experience but NO DIPLOMA you can't get accepted.. ( Allan has 15 years of cold calling sales, which is a dying art!! He loves it!! )

Kay

Hi Kay

Sounds like you could save a lot of money by just searching the net, can find out all about visa's etc from sites like this or Aus gov site. No point in paying an agent to find out it's impossible or to tell you something that you can find in 10 mins by searching the web!
Basically unless you can get anywhere near the points test (currently 120) you don't have much chance, unless you have a damn good business plan and money behind you.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:11 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Kay
You need skills or big money to get in to aus so if you have none of these , and cold calling is not a skill then sorry.
Speak to an agent they may have a route for you but dont hold your breath .

Its much easier to get in to the uk then out .
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bradley7
Hi Kay

Sounds like you could save a lot of money by just searching the net, can find out all about visa's etc from sites like this or Aus gov site. No point in paying an agent to find out it's impossible or to tell you something that you can find in 10 mins by searching the web!
Basically unless you can get anywhere near the points test (currently 120) you don't have much chance, unless you have a damn good business plan and money behind you.

We passed on points months ago on Allan being in sales but then spoke to an agent who said it wasn't enough because niether of us have a degree. When out there in April the agent we saw admitted once you get out there its a lot easier to get your foot in the door so to speak AND experience does count for something. But its getting back in there to prove this.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:25 pm

We passed on points months ago on Allan being in sales but then spoke to an agent who said it wasn't enough because niether of us have a degree. When out there in April the agent we saw admitted once you get out there its a lot easier to get your foot in the door so to speak AND experience does count for something. But its getting back in there to prove this.
Your best bet is to find a company Who will sponsor you with a job.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Your best bet is to find a company Who will sponsor you with a job.
Thanks I think you are probably right there..
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Kay
Excuse my ignorance but are Austravel immigration agents ?? if so i think you should sue Austravel.....i wont go into the legals, but you may find there is a case to answer if they neglected to tell you something which had a bearing on your expectation...

Cheers
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:34 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Excuse my ignorance but are Austravel immigration agents ?? if so i think you should sue Austravel.....i wont go into the legals, but you may find there is a case to answer if they neglected to tell you something which had a bearing on your expectation...

Cheers

Aren't Austravel a travel agents ?

I agree with some previous posters that you should speak to a MARA registered immigration agent .
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:47 pm

Yeah austravel not an agent
Check out this http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/index.htm
Its from the horses mouth
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:16 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

You probably have, but just in case you didn't the SIR visa requires less points than a permanent residency visa, and South Aus are giving an extra ten points at the moment so you dont have to find the huge chunnk of money.
( Or something like that anyway)
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

pauli71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kay
Sales very difficult enviroment also with respect Alan cant be very good at sales if at the age of 43 you cant borrow 100.000 for a year it would cost less than £10,000 for that year and you can deduct the interest you recieve from them holding your money.Its a tough world out there and the bottom line is oz cant afford a welfare system like the U.K. so i guess they need to hold the bond to ensure you have the means and not them to repatriate unsucessfull migrants.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 11:07 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pauli71
Sales very difficult enviroment also with respect Alan cant be very good at sales if at the age of 43 you cant borrow 100.000 for a year it would cost less than £10,000 for that year and you can deduct the interest you recieve from them holding your money.Its a tough world out there and the bottom line is oz cant afford a welfare system like the U.K. so i guess they need to hold the bond to ensure you have the means and not them to repatriate unsucessfull migrants.
Wow, that's a little harsh - without knowing all their personal circumstances.
Speaking from a sales perspective, I reckon that he must be pretty good to still be at it after 15 years - most crash and burn within their first year in this game.

Good luck scotmacs
Rogue Trader.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

pauli71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Wow, that's a little harsh - without knowing all their personal circumstances.
Speaking from a sales perspective, I reckon that he must be pretty good to still be at it after 15 years - most crash and burn within their first year in this game.

Good luck scotmacs I agree my comments are harsh but thats how it is as i see it, Lifes a bitch .I have had sales exp all of my life and and if you are good at it the rewards are high and as i see it any work will be much harder to find in Oz, reading the threads even tradesmen ie. builders etc much in demand have it tough can you imagine how difficult it would be for a salesperson unless exceptional with a job to go to would find life competing with local sales teams who know the s.p. different ballgame for anyone working in OZ.
Rogue Trader.
Any sales people wish to comment?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pauli71
Any sales people wish to comment?

I am a Salesman (industrial sales) and I got a sales job in Oz while still in the UK !
There is loads of great sales jobs in Oz that pay very well and come with all the perks e.g car,expenses etc

There is some sales on the MODL list so i guess it depends on what you were selling.

We got our PR Visa because I am a joiner to trade although i had not worked at it in 2 years and also had no diploma/city and guilds!!

Get a good agent and they might be able to help you. If you are in Scotland we used Visa Go in Edinburgh www.visa-go.com

As for the guy saying you must be bad for not being able to borrow £100000--what planet is he from???

Good Luck

KB
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
I am a Salesman (industrial sales) and I got a sales job in Oz while still in the UK !
There is loads of great sales jobs in Oz that pay very well and come with all the perks e.g car,expenses etc

There is some sales on the MODL list so i guess it depends on what you were selling.

We got our PR Visa because I am a joiner to trade although i had not worked at it in 2 years and also had no diploma/city and guilds!!

Get a good agent and they might be able to help you. If you are in Scotland we used Visa Go in Edinburgh www.visa-go.com

As for the guy saying you must be bad for not being able to borrow £100000--what planet is he from???

Good Luck

KB
We also used Visa-Go

We managed to get a PR Visa as a mechanic although all of my immediate exp is in Sales & Marketing.

A few words of advice is to make sure you exploit every avenue available for you...and I mean every avenue.....with a few migration agents and then maybe you will find out for definate if you can "Live the dream".

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.