Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

guildford grammar school?

guildford grammar school?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question guildford grammar school?

Does anyone send their kids here or know anyone who does and could let me know what it's like?
We live in Karratha and the school my kids go to is not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination!! My son is pretty clever(don't know where he gets it from!!) and wants to be a pilot and go to the ADFA after Yr12 and I'm worried that he won't get high enough marks in his TEE's when he does them,he'll be in Yr 10 next year.
We could send him to board at Guildford Grammar and have most of the fees paid for but he's understandably quite unsure about going there.I just don't want him to miss out on the opportunity to go to a better school and get a better education that will help him get where he wants to go in the future.
Need to decide soon as we've just had a book list and fees schedule for the school here!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:49 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guildford grammar school?

I take it you mean the one in Guildford, West Swan?
If you are getting most of the fees paid for and he's happy to board there, then I'd say go for it.
Don't know anyone with kids there, but have heard it is an excellant school. I'd send my son if we could afford it.
Good luck,
Tracey
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bushy
Does anyone send their kids here or know anyone who does and could let me know what it's like?
We live in Karratha and the school my kids go to is not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination!! My son is pretty clever(don't know where he gets it from!!) and wants to be a pilot and go to the ADFA after Yr12 and I'm worried that he won't get high enough marks in his TEE's when he does them,he'll be in Yr 10 next year.
We could send him to board at Guildford Grammar and have most of the fees paid for but he's understandably quite unsure about going there.I just don't want him to miss out on the opportunity to go to a better school and get a better education that will help him get where he wants to go in the future.
Need to decide soon as we've just had a book list and fees schedule for the school here!!
My son has been offered a year 1 place at GGS for 2009. We are undecided whether to take up the offer as he is at a good school at the moment - Helena College. GGS is a very good school - both academically and for sports. The boys who come out of there seem to be very well-rounded. It is a very strict school - which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your viewpoint! The fees are high, which is one of the reasons we are hesitating. It's $15k+ for high school.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about

oh yes,my son needs strict!! he's quite a handful at times and now he's 14 he can argue back and is bigger than me!!
he says that private school kids are nerds but I pointed out to him that he already goes to a private school so he must be a nerd already!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bushy
oh yes,my son needs strict!! he's quite a handful at times and now he's 14 he can argue back and is bigger than me!!
he says that private school kids are nerds but I pointed out to him that he already goes to a private school so he must be a nerd already!!

Just wanted to add that 2 boys who graduated from Helena College in 2005 are now training to be pilots in the RAAF.