Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

guess what I have

guess what I have

Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default guess what I have

My mum and dad arrived from the UK last night I now have 6 large bisto gravey granuals, 1 x catering sized (1100 bag) PG Tips. Several multi packs of monster munch, hola hoops and prawn cocktail crisps I am at the moment munching my way through a bag of the original hula hoops, yummmmmmmm. I have opened the all up and seperated them into 5 x carrier bags full, for Me, hubby and the 3 kids just to be fair.......

Oh and it was good to see them too

Jo
Old May 1st 2008, 12:49 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guess what I have

More of a Tetley Tea fan myself, but I'm soooo jealous of the monster munch!

My mum has sent me a tin of chicken and a tin of beef gravy granules for my birthday!
Old May 1st 2008, 1:23 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Sad isn't it, I got 6 Yorkies (the chocolate not the puddings!) through the post from a mate in the UK the other day and it felt like Christmas again!!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:16 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
My mum and dad arrived from the UK last night I now have 6 large bisto gravey granuals, 1 x catering sized (1100 bag) PG Tips. Several multi packs of monster munch, hola hoops and prawn cocktail crisps I am at the moment munching my way through a bag of the original hula hoops, yummmmmmmm. I have opened the all up and seperated them into 5 x carrier bags full, for Me, hubby and the 3 kids just to be fair.......

Jo
Funny That,My folks came very recently and brought six packs of Paxo stuffing and a six pack of walkers cheese and onion crisps.

I was in heaven

There is a sweet stall in garden city or carindale that sells UK crisps, sweets and fizzy pop.

Doctor Pepper and Hula Hoops...YUMMY !
Old May 1st 2008, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Jo
So the prawn cocktail crisps got through customs?

When i try to buy them from the British shop, they tell me that customs won't allow them in the country. Why not??? you'd think they'd have Anthrax in the ingrediants
Old May 1st 2008, 2:21 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

My inlaws are coming over soon, and I have put in the obligatory request for boxes of Shreddies!
At $15 a box here in the British Shop, I hope they bring a good supply!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:22 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
So the prawn cocktail crisps got through customs?

When i try to buy them from the British shop, they tell me that customs won't allow them in the country. Why not??? you'd think they'd have Anthrax in the ingrediants
I had a word on my way in and said I'd be straight off again if prawn cocktail ever made it to these shores. Why do you think there are so many of us leaving the UK? Between prawn cocktail flavoured anything and Seabrooks crisps it was just a nightmare and I'm glad to be out of it
Old May 1st 2008, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkie
I had a word on my way in and said I'd be straight off again if prawn cocktail ever made it to these shores. Why do you think there are so many of us leaving the UK? Between prawn cocktail flavoured anything and Seabrooks crisps it was just a nightmare and I'm glad to be out of it
Seabrook prawn were the best. I ate so many packets on a visit back to UK. people thought i was from another planet!!! maybe i am
Old May 1st 2008, 3:30 am
Playing the game

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Seabrook prawn were the best. I ate so many packets on a visit back to UK. people thought i was from another planet!!! maybe i am
Do you think you might have finished them off then? Would be great to go back and see the folks once in a while but I'm not risking it whilst they're still out there....
Old May 1st 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Do you think you might have finished them off then? Would be great to go back and see the folks once in a while but I'm not risking it whilst they're still out there....
I can send you a packet if you like, cause remember they are now in Aus with me.....

Jo
Old May 1st 2008, 6:04 am
Playing the game

I can send you a packet if you like, cause remember they are now in Aus with me.....

Jo
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Unless you want to pop in some roast beef monster munch as well?
Old May 1st 2008, 8:53 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm still in the UK & find it hard to find roast beef monster munch
Old May 1st 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Stuey26 is an unknown quantity at this point

My question is I have yet to move out but am a marmite fan can anyone tell me where to get it in Oz never found on any of my visits.

And I mean proper marmite in the oval jar with yellow lid not the sanitarium stuff.

Or do I just fill my excess luggage with it??
Old May 1st 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Jo
Don't know if customs just suit themselves on what they let in, they took my chicken gravy bisto granules off my mum as she declared them along with the chocolate, but have let prawn cocktail crisps in through the mail????? Who knows, maybe its just pot luck on who you get on the day!!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I'm still in the UK & find it hard to find roast beef monster munch
No I got those toooooooo, in a mutli pack, flamin hot, pickled onion and roast beef flavours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.