Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GST reclaim at Perth airport for PR's

GST reclaim at Perth airport for PR's

Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default GST reclaim at Perth airport for PR's

Hi all,

We are validating in a few weeks and were planning on buying a new camcorder whilst out there and reclaiming the GST on our way home- we did it a few yrs ago when we bought a digital camera and it saved us quite a bit. My only question is can you still do that if you have entered and are leaving Australia on a PR visa - last time we were just on a tourist one.

I've tried the perth Int airport website and they direct you to customs but the web link is wrong.

Thanks for any help

Lucy.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

kaz,n,jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GST reclaim at Perth airport for PR's

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi all,

We are validating in a few weeks and were planning on buying a new camcorder whilst out there and reclaiming the GST on our way home- we did it a few yrs ago when we bought a digital camera and it saved us quite a bit. My only question is can you still do that if you have entered and are leaving Australia on a PR visa - last time we were just on a tourist one.

I've tried the perth Int airport website and they direct you to customs but the web link is wrong.

Thanks for any help

Lucy.

yes you can, we did it after validation trip, there is a g,s,t reclaiming desk in the airport and they send it to your bank account.

kaz,njeff.