Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

grrrrr why cant i pass

grrrrr why cant i pass

Old Apr 4th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default grrrrr why cant i pass

having done this example test god knows how mant times why cant i get past 24 the pass mark is 32 ARRHHHH

i am a good driver so i tell myself will i ever pass and be let loose on the roads of south oz

try it yourself

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?TerID=192&rnd=8.86178E-03
Old Apr 4th 2004, 1:43 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: grrrrr why cant i pass

Originally posted by arlene
having done this example test god knows how mant times why cant i get past 24 the pass mark is 32 ARRHHHH

i am a good driver so i tell myself will i ever pass and be let loose on the roads of south oz

try it yourself

Don't know about SA but VIC driving theory test was easy once you had read the book for learner drivers that they tell you to read. Don't know how many you needed to get right but I got 88% and hubby got 78% and we both passed.

It is easier once you get here and get a bit of practical experience and used to the road signs. We put in after 6 weeks mainly cos jobs my hubby was applying for needed a victorian license.

You'll be fine

Jo
Old Apr 4th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

just because i tail gate, have temper tantrums in the car, light my cigarette whilst not looking at the road ahead, reverse into flag poles, trash the car whilst looking at the out of date stamps on grapes i had just bought and tore the side of my dads motorhome whilst driving down a very narrow lane in cornwall does not make me a bad driver!!!

watch out here i come

arlene
Old Apr 4th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ps

on my initial driving test my instructor made me do an emergency stop so he could have an argument with his wife(also a driving instructor) who had left him that morning

no wonder i am scarred

arlene
Old Apr 4th 2004, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

gix883 is an unknown quantity at this point

try it yourself

I just gave the multi guess questions a go but only managed 30 so a couple short of a pass.
Hope that means if i actually read a book i may stand a chance of passing.
Keep trying as you passed before so you must be able to do it again, got me fingers crossed for ya ATB...gix...
Old Apr 4th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

try it yourself

I only got 28. Mind you - I keep changing kms into miles and then back again which doesn't help !!
Old Apr 4th 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I just did the test for the first time...got one question wrong in the `give way` section......but passed the second section.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 2:42 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Arlene

I tried and pass this test a couple of times as you suggested, have you read all the booklet that has the answers in it. Do not rely on the multiple choice on line as a way of learning unless you can print off your answers each time and learn the correct ones.

The one for NSW has a site where all the possible questions asked are printed and you have to learn these - does South Australia do the same.

I will admit I did get a few wrong as the rules do seem to be different.

Best of luck with the test, I hope at least you do not have to do the practical with emergency stops!

Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had a quick try and only got 5 correct out of the first 8 "give way" questions and I,ve been driving in Oz for the past 3 weeks whilst we have been on our validation trip.

No wonder I got a few horns beeped at me.

I think I had better put in some more practice.
BTW Arlene is this test applicable for the whole of Oz or is it just for Southern Australia

Di