Grrr Familys!!!

Old May 9th 2005, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Grrr Familys!!!

Yesterday was my son's 11th birthday, 1st special occasion day since leaveing the UK...Hubby's side of the family all sent parcels which arrived a week early...My side not 1 persons card made it on time...Which made my son sad which then made me cross...you would of thought his 1st birthday away they could of made a little more effort!!!
Anyway despite my family he enjoyed his 1st Aussie Birthday and i now get to celebrate Mother's Day with his Birthday

Claire
Old May 9th 2005, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

luvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant future
Default Re: Grrr Familys!!!

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Yesterday was my son's 11th birthday, 1st special occasion day since leaveing the UK...Hubby's side of the family all sent parcels which arrived a week early...My side not 1 persons card made it on time...Which made my son sad which then made me cross...you would of thought his 1st birthday away they could of made a little more effort!!!
Anyway despite my family he enjoyed his 1st Aussie Birthday and i now get to celebrate Mother's Day with his Birthday

Claire
Happy Birthday to your son. Dont worry as time goes on I have found cards etc become few and emails too. Strange the way some families behave.
Old May 9th 2005, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Claire

My daughters 7th birthday tommorow and 1st away from home. One parcel from each set of grandparents arrived today , nothing from Aunties & Uncles. I guess this is just part of our future in Oz.
I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday regardless.
All the best,
Tass.
Old May 9th 2005, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Yes very strange, how much effort does it take to send a card!
He ended up haveing a fab day regardless... A Big Happy Birthday to your daughter Tass and have a great day!!!!

Claire
Old May 9th 2005, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Thank-you ! I am hoping the mail box will be full when she returns home from school tommorow.We will have a good day anyway, at least the sun always shines here !
All the best,
Tass.
Old May 9th 2005, 6:51 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Claire
Yeh, we always get cards ect from my family, nothing ever comes from his family, but his mother does phone once a fortnight, can't have it all can we.
(They may be in the post).
Marie (Milo)
Old May 9th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

When my sister moved to Melbourne we agreed there was no point sending gifts for the kids at birthday and Christmas time as too much money would be wasted on postage. So we agreed a price that we would each spend and come birthday time I would buy something for my kids for that amount and say, that's from Auntie Jenny and she would buy something for hers and say that's from Auntie Susan. Obviously we still sent cards. It was also good because after a while you obviously don't know what toys they've got or what they're into. Now the kids are a bit older I give them the cash and say that's from Auntie Jenny!!!
Have to figure out what I'm going to do next birthday time as I will be in Brisbane then!