Greenwith, SA

Old Dec 13th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greenwith, SA

Anyone on here in Greenwith, SA . we've been here for 4 weeks and had hoped to get the kids (7 / 11 / 14) into school before break up for hols, so they may have had a friend or two to see / play with over the long break - but unfortunately - no such luck !!!!

If not could anybody point us in the right direction for sporting clubs / activities that they could attend during the break to relieve their boredom.

Cheers

Bec
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greenwith, SA

Originally Posted by chrisk8
Anyone on here in Greenwith, SA . we've been here for 4 weeks and had hoped to get the kids (7 / 11 / 14) into school before break up for hols, so they may have had a friend or two to see / play with over the long break - but unfortunately - no such luck !!!!

If not could anybody point us in the right direction for sporting clubs / activities that they could attend during the break to relieve their boredom.

Cheers

Bec
There's a list of activites and sports club in Adelaide here: http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel.../activities/11 some will be too far away, so you'll have to sift through a little.

Air cadets: http://sa.airleague.com.au/ For age 8+
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

member"Sham williams " lives in Greenwith PM her............mm
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
member"Sham williams " lives in Greenwith PM her............mm

I thought she lived at Golden Grove?
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:43 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I thought she lived at Golden Grove?
No Greenwith, near the primary school....i had to pick up her M/T boxs when we moved her in.........mm
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:13 am
Diane82

Diane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chrisk8

Cheers

Bec
Hi Bec,

Welcome to South Australia. We've only been here a couple of months so I know how you feel. We were desperate to get the kids into school to make friends back in October. We're down the road in Highbury. We've got two girls (11 and 8).
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Diane82
Hi Bec,

Welcome to South Australia. We've only been here a couple of months so I know how you feel. We were desperate to get the kids into school to make friends back in October. We're down the road in Highbury. We've got two girls (11 and 8).
Hi Diane,

Thanks for replying. Did you manage to get yours into school then? Ironically drove through Higbury today.

Bec
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:28 am
Diane82

Diane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bec,

Yes managed to get them in just after October half term break. Had to battle a bit as school wanted to start them in 2008. I think I would have lost my sanity by then!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:41 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mr mover
No Greenwith, near the primary school....i had to pick up her M/T boxs when we moved her in.........mm
I'm here, I'm here!!

You are right Mr Mover you have a very good memory I am in Greenwith right by the school!! Wendy sometimes I say Golden Grove, because well no idea why but I guess most people know where that is??

Bec, where abouts in Greenwith are you?? Which school were you trying to get your kids into??

There is loads to do around here, best checking out the local paper that will tell you whats on and where! As for clubs it depends which ones you are looking for, but alot of them will close for the holidays, but some run summer schools??

I have quite a few friends that live in Greenwith to, one of them has a daughter who is about the same age as your older kids, and another has two boys similar ages to your oldest. They are all members of lots of clubs around here, but alot are connected to the school.

If you PM your email/number I can get some info for you!!

I am more than happy to meet up over the holidays, we are off to Melbourne on the Great Ocean Road tomorrow (Sunday) for a week, so feel free to PM me and will reply when we get back next week!!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:38 am
Just Joined

tommo570 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bec

Welcome to SA and hope you are all settling well in to your new life 'down under! Myself, hubby and 12 yr old daughter moved here last January so been here almost a year. Our daughter goes to Guides and Jujitsu but there are plenty of different clubs to join and once the kids are at school I'm sure you'll become yet another taxi driving parent!! Over the holidays you can try out the beaches, Waterworld, zoo's/wildlife parks, etc. We'll be here over Christmas (going to Melbourne 28th Dec for a week), so if you want to meet up for a chat send me a PM and I'll give you our contact details. We live near the Highland Village in Greenwith.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:47 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Is it only us 3 that live in Greenwith??
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Is it only us 3 that live in Greenwith??

I'm not far
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:19 am
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm not far
No your not far, I just thought would be more on here, as everytime I go to local shops all I hear is English Accents!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:26 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

..as everytime I go to local shops all I hear is English Accents!!

lol, we have relis that live in Greenwith, they still have strong english accents and they have been in aus since the 60's
I liked Greenwith ... but the part our rels lived in seemed quite packed in together - but a huge variety of house designs made for some interesting drives around Great place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.