Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Greenbank, Bris...anyone know it?

Wikiposts

Greenbank, Bris...anyone know it?

Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greenbank, Bris...anyone know it?

Been looking at houses for ages . Suddenly I've found that a lot of what I would like is in Greenbank, semi rural/acerage.

Anyone know the area?

In the classless society that is Aus is Greenbank a "good" area or a not so good area?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greenbank, Bris...anyone know it?

Originally posted by dazzac
Been looking at houses for ages . Suddenly I've found that a lot of what I would like is in Greenbank, semi rural/acerage.

Anyone know the area?

In the classless society that is Aus is Greenbank a "good" area or a not so good area?
Everyone decides they like acreage! And then all they can afford is Greenbank. Dont tell me, they are in Teviot Downs, right?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

i've got so confused on palce names I sent of for various maps from amazon, including a road map so i can easily look up names adn grid refernces. You can get them second hand at a fiver or soa dn saves lots of hassle not knowing where stuff is
Old Nov 13th 2003, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Greenbank, Bris...anyone know it?

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Everyone decides they like acreage! And then all they can afford is Greenbank. Dont tell me, they are in Teviot Downs, right?

great build it up why don't you :-)

saw this , looks very appealing . Even thrown in a free sit-on mower - almost a reason to buy it on its own.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...8&fmt=&header=
Old Nov 13th 2003, 2:05 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Is this one of those areas which is searingly hot during the day in summer, and icey (literally) cold at night in winter?
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:56 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ugggghhhh. Thats just horrid. But at least if other people buy places like that it means that there arent as many people competeing for the stuff that I want to buy .

Do a search on whereis http://www.whereis.com.au for Silvereye cresent Greenbank & use the zoom out button at the bottom of the map & see how many times you have to press it to be able to zoom out to see a main road! When you get out as far as the railway line you know you have got to the back of nowhere, so its only a bit further than that! Sorry, but the reality is that its probably 12 mins by lear jet to the shops! And thats the CLOSEST shop! ANY SHOP! And 40 mins to the city at 3am when theres only 1 other car on the road in Brisbane.

Yeah, this is a classless society remember, it doesnt matter where you live, as Pete mentioned the fact that its likely to be stinking hot in summer & freezing cold in winter shouldnt bother you either! Or that the closest thing is probably the Greenbank RSL which is full of alcoholic gambling addicts who spend hours on hundreds of pokies whittling away their dole or single mothers pensions. Or that the main freight rail line to Sydney goes through there (but hell that house is so far past that you probably wont even notice the ground shaking!) or that Greenbank backs onto the Army tanktesting area & firing range. Greenbank is great, where else could you buy such a bargain?

Sorry ..... having a bad day .
Old Nov 13th 2003, 10:11 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this is a classless society remember, it doesnt matter where you live, as Pete mentioned the fact that its likely to be stinking hot in summer & freezing cold in winter shouldnt bother you either! Or that the closest thing is probably the Greenbank RSL which is full of alcoholic gambling addicts who spend hours on hundreds of pokies whittling away their dole or single mothers pensions. Or that the main freight rail line to Sydney goes through there (but hell that house is so far past that you probably wont even notice the ground shaking!) or that Greenbank backs onto the Army tanktesting area & firing range. Greenbank is great, where else could you buy such a bargain?

Sorry ..... having a bad day .

Mrs D! Surely this can't be true! And you an Australian!
Old Nov 13th 2003, 10:13 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by jayr
Mrs D! Surely this can't be true! And you an Australian!
Yeah, see? Told you I am having a bad day LOL
Old Nov 14th 2003, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Christ i'm fast going off this site.
I assumed that people would post honest and open replys,
not biased respones.

My only conclusion is that so many people have reloacted from the UK that we have infected Aus with the same small mindedness that you would find in some UK villages.

I have had an independant view of Greenbank from a Brisbanite and it was similar it so much as they all drive 4 wheel drives with big exhausts.

None the less I would rather be presneted with facts to make my own mind up as to opinions.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 8:52 am
Rocket Scientist

not biased respones.

My only conclusion is that so many people have reloacted from the UK that we have infected Aus with the same small mindedness that you would find in some UK villages.

I have had an independant view of Greenbank from a Brisbanite and it was similar it so much as they all drive 4 wheel drives with big exhausts.

None the less I would rather be presneted with facts to make my own mind up as to opinions.
Dazzac, get off your high horse & come down with the rest of us plebs for a min . Sorry if you dont like it, but those are facts.

That house is likely to be more than 12 mins from the large shopping centre that they describe.
And more than 40 mins fom Brisbane unless you drive it in the middle of the night.
The main freight train line fom Sydney to Brisbane runs through Greenbank.
Greenbank also backs onto the Army tank & rifle testing range.
It is stinking hot in summer.
And bloody cold in winter.
And the closest source of entertainment is the Greenbank RSL which is exactly as I described it. Do some research!

Maybe you dont like the facts, but thats your problem. As for it being biased, thats what this board is all about - opinions. Its my opinion that that house is horrible, but hey, you might hate the kind of car I drive. Thats your perogative.

As for the rest, if you cant take a slightly tongue in cheek post about an area that I dont rate over highly, then dont read my posts. You obviously know better than me, hell Im only an Aussie whos lived here most of her life. How long have you lived in Australia for?

Dont worry, Im fast going off this site too. Sometimes I think dotty is right! Im starting to sound like her :scared: Maybe you should read some of my other 700 odd posts from the beginning before you start slagging me off for having an *opinion* that just happens to not be what you want to hear?
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

not biased respones.

The lady who wrote the reply to you is Australian. She has written a pretty good sum up of the area.

Fact is like the UK, OZ has areas that are low income and areas where all the snobs hang out, it nothing to do with UK smallmindedness. Many estates here even have covenants to ensure all are building/living the same way! Once you have lived in OZ you will realise it produces the same variants of humans as anywhere else. Not surprisingly cheap areas will have a reason for being so and the well sought after stuff will cost far more.

Anyway Land is SEQld is in short supply for the stuff that everybody wants, gimmicks do not need to be attached in the sales pitch, it its good probably 80+ people are after each block.
As for the type of persons Mrs D described they are not fictional, OZ has problem sectors of the population just like anywhere
really.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Well thankyou both.
Guess I was having a bad day.

My research is asking people like you what its like.

Now I know the facts, tank range, frieght line , I get the picture .
I didn't know until now, so I guess my post had the desired repsonse.

Sorry if I offended.
Cheers
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Spooky, Mrs D and I must have posted those replies at the same time.

Now you can tell Mrs D is no fan of mine, however it says a lot that we both agree on certain things, like certain areas, state school/private etc, could that be because we both live here?
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:13 am
Account Closed

i'm sure your all correct , its just when 3 people have said in the same day , ooh you don't want to go there, you get a little peeved. Hence the post.

I'm sure it'll all become clearer if I ever get out there - my own mate didn't tell me any negatives about Greenbank and he's been in Bris about 12 years. He didn't tell me any positives either so perhaps he was being poilte 'cos I said I liked the house.

Cheers dotty
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:22 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Dazzac, get off your high horse & come down with the rest of us plebs for a min . Sorry if you dont like it, but those are facts.

That house is likely to be more than 12 mins from the large shopping centre that they describe.
And more than 40 mins fom Brisbane unless you drive it in the middle of the night.
The main freight train line fom Sydney to Brisbane runs through Greenbank.
Greenbank also backs onto the Army tank & rifle testing range.
It is stinking hot in summer.
And bloody cold in winter.
And the closest source of entertainment is the Greenbank RSL which is exactly as I described it. Do some research!

Maybe you dont like the facts, but thats your problem. As for it being biased, thats what this board is all about - opinions. Its my opinion that that house is horrible, but hey, you might hate the kind of car I drive. Thats your perogative.

As for the rest, if you cant take a slightly tongue in cheek post about an area that I dont rate over highly, then dont read my posts. You obviously know better than me, hell Im only an Aussie whos lived here most of her life. How long have you lived in Australia for?

Dont worry, Im fast going off this site too. Sometimes I think dotty is right! Im starting to sound like her :scared: Maybe you should read some of my other 700 odd posts from the beginning before you start slagging me off for having an *opinion* that just happens to not be what you want to hear?

No Please dont "go off" this site, I value your opinons I really do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.