Kevin Bloody Wilson
8.33%
Pommie Bastard
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

WA's Greatest Export

Old Nov 21st 2002, 5:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default WA's Greatest Export

WA's Greatest Export
Old Nov 21st 2002, 6:08 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA's Greatest Export

Originally posted by renth
WA's Greatest Export
Were not most of AC\DC born in UK?

Old Nov 21st 2002, 7:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Got 'em PB!!! Angus & Malcom Young ... Scotland ... Bon Scott - Scottish, Brian Johnson & Cliff Williams - English. Only the drummer Phil Rudd is Aussie. Even their very first singer, Dave Evans - Welsh!!!

Here's another one.. Bee gees... English born, left when they were in their teens, because they set fire to a house.. (bad boys!).. parents took them to Aus, to start afresh

What's the other one... Jimmy Barnes (spelling?) ... Scottish! ... and there's another guy , a bit like Jimmy Barnes.. forget his name... (remembered - John Farnham) but he's English.

The only genuine export I can think of is Neighbours, but then Kylie is half Welsh (mother), Jason Donovan is half English (father) Most famous Aussie at the moment? Guy Pearce - english born, NZ father!!!

Oh, Olivia Newton-John was born in Cambridge, England ; her family moved to Australia when she was 5. Her mother was German, her father was Welsh, a professor of German at Cambridge and Melbourne

Here's some more:

Russel crowe - kiwi born (welsh grandfather )
Mel Gibson ... how they say he's aussie I never know!.. American parents, living in OZ, ... never took out citizenship for old Mel by the way because of the actors card. (mel was also born in the USA, just came to Aus with his american parents.. who never took citizenship out for Mel)

they'll be claiming Spike Milligan next... just because his mother came to Australia and lived here.

these are just a few off the top of my head

Cheers

Best thing to come out of Australia is "the plane out of here"...

P.S.... Hubby is adding a load of this stuff here... He's the AC/DC buff

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 21st 2002 at 6:18 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 11:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

True, I remeber the Youngs took citizenship whilst I was there in the late 80's. Which is why I included you on the poll too.

I thought it might stimulate debate about what it is to be Australian.

Keving Bloody Wilson is definitely true blue.
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 1:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

True, I remeber the Youngs took citizenship whilst I was there in the late 80's. Which is why I included you on the poll too.

I thought it might stimulate debate about what it is to be Australian.

Keving Bloody Wilson is definitely true blue.
Sorry I am not and will never be an Australian , even if I parted with the $120 to get the worthless peice of paper the Aussies would never look on any one from the UK as one of their own, unless they got praise from the rest of the World.
Mr Crow was hailed as an Aussie up until last week when he had a fight in London ,its seems that the press here now are calling him a Kiwi because Aussies never do any wrong.
Time and time again I have seen people that have been in Australia for most of their lifes and sign on as an Aussie , go from being an Aussie to an British immigrant when in any type of trouble, the words back stabbing bastards comes to mind.

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Sorry I am not and will never be an Australian , even if I parted with the $120 to get the worthless peice of paper the Aussies would never look on any one from the UK as one of their own, unless they got praise from the rest of the World.
Mr Crow was hailed as an Aussie up until last week when he had a fight in London ,its seems that the press here now are calling him a Kiwi because Aussies never do any wrong.
Time and time again I have seen people that have been in Australia for most of their lifes and sign on as an Aussie , go from being an Aussie to an British immigrant when in any type of trouble, the words back stabbing bastards comes to mind.

Funny thing is I've a mate who's been in Australia for over 30 years I think , ages ago anyway, he came out on the ($5??) ticket from Britain as a young man. Anyway he's married to a lovely asian lady, who he met through his work (actually that's where me and my husband met him too) been married for over 10 years has a kid. His kid and wife are both Aussie citizens... but he will not take out citizenship! He has his own house here, his work is in Australia, been here longer than he's lived in Britain now. But no, he won't take out Citizenship... ask him Why.. he replies why should I, I'm Welsh!

Have another mate who's born in Australia, his parents are both English... This guy has never been to Brtain by the way, he's in his late 30's ... again... he is not a citizen! Asked him why... he replied because I'm English! ... he speaks with an Aussie accent, and he's never been to Britain.

Funny!

Mind you, all that said.. before I leave here to go back to Britain I will be applying for citizenship for a reason (I'm eligible to apply for it in feb.. but won't be applying until I decide a date to go back to UK)... it may come in handy one day, even if not for you... your children.... Don't burn your bridges.

cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 4:49 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Ceri
Funny thing is I've a mate who's been in Australia for over 30 years I think , ages ago anyway, he came out on the ($5??) ticket from Britain as a young man. Anyway he's married to a lovely asian lady, who he met through his work (actually that's where me and my husband met him too) been married for over 10 years has a kid. His kid and wife are both Aussie citizens... but he will not take out citizenship! He has his own house here, his work is in Australia, been here longer than he's lived in Britain now. But no, he won't take out Citizenship... ask him Why.. he replies why should I, I'm Welsh!

Have another mate who's born in Australia, his parents are both English... This guy has never been to Brtain by the way, he's in his late 30's ... again... he is not a citizen! Asked him why... he replied because I'm English! ... he speaks with an Aussie accent, and he's never been to Britain.

Funny!

Mind you, all that said.. before I leave here to go back to Britain I will be applying for citizenship for a reason (I'm eligible to apply for it in feb.. but won't be applying until I decide a date to go back to UK)... it may come in handy one day, even if not for you... your children.... Don't burn your bridges.

cheers
How about when the Aboriginies in Tasmania got drag-netted? the ones who did it weren't early versions of the Aussie battler, they were "pommie settlers"
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 4:51 am
(It's not my real name)

how about "Aussie Joe" Bugner, isn't he a South African, via the UK?
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Aussie Joe was born in Hungary
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 4:56 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by colin
Aussie Joe was born in Hungary

I must have been thinking of Sid James
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

I must have been thinking of Sid James
who was indeed born in Johannesburg
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 6:03 am
Banned

how about "Aussie Joe" Bugner, isn't he a South African, via the UK?
Yes he is an Aussie today if he ends up in court he be back to an Hungarian.

Old Nov 24th 2002, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Astonishing to think that Bugner went 15 rounds with Ali on two occasions. How old is he now for God's sake ?

Mind you, good on him if he's still picking up a few quid. Judging by some of the people he's been fighting - he's in no real danger !
Old Nov 24th 2002, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

peewee13 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Jamie Oliver?

No, I realise he is English, but I would like to see him go 15 rounds with Joe Bugner or AC/DC or even Olivia Newton-John (if she was armed with a chainsaw)

I thought any sane person would renounce their British citizenship just for the fact of sharing the same citizenship as that little ...............

The War Against Terrorism - let's support it.
Old Nov 24th 2002, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

I'd pay to see Jamie Oliver versus Joe Bugner, as long as they rustled up a nice roast pork with a medely of seasonal vegetables after the fight...

Congratulations to all those sharp enough to pck up on AC/DC's scottish roots - the lead guitarist is called Angus for God's sake !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.