Greater Springfield / Brisbane

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

iddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greater Springfield / Brisbane

Hi

I've just been looking at the greater springfield website

http://www.greaterspringfield.com.au/index.php

- on the face of it looks a potentially attractive place to migrate to - cheap housing, could long term employment prospects, good facilities etc.

So I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has any practical experience of the place - does the reality match the hype etc..?

Also, if I live at Springfield lakes and end up commuting to Brisbane CBD is that feesible / possible / terrible?

Cheers

Adrian
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:19 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greater Springfield / Brisbane

Hi mate

On your point about commuting into Brisbane during the morning rush hour it would take approx 1 hour (it was 45 minutes for me from Forest Lake). Although I hear the long term plan is for a train station to be built there which would be useful.

Be prepared for a huge legoland debate!!

Originally Posted by iddy
Hi

- on the face of it looks a potentially attractive place to migrate to - cheap housing, could long term employment prospects, good facilities etc.

So I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has any practical experience of the place - does the reality match the hype etc..?

Also, if I live at Springfield lakes and end up commuting to Brisbane CBD is that feesible / possible / terrible?

Cheers

Adrian
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:59 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What time of day was that ?

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hi mate

On your point about commuting into Brisbane during the morning rush hour it would take approx 1 hour (it was 45 minutes for me from Forest Lake).
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:10 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I used to leave home about 7.30 to arrive in the office (The Valley) for 8.15 (with a stop in the City to drop the ball and chain off).

Originally Posted by themerlin
What time of day was that ?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:14 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.
We live in Springfield Lakes and absolutely love it but it is not for everybody..as previous poster says watch for the legoland debate
My husband works in the city and the commute is fine as far as the train is concerned. Excellent service,fast and on time. The place where it falls down 'this end' is the bus service from the station back to Springfield Lakes but if you are a driver you should have no problems, just park up at the station and go in by train. They run every 30 minutes at peak times but can get very busy.

Loz x
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:23 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.
We live in Springfield Lakes and absolutely love it but it is not for everybody..as previous poster says watch for the legoland debate
My husband works in the city and the commute is fine as far as the train is concerned. Excellent service,fast and on time. The place where it falls down 'this end' is the bus service from the station back to Springfield Lakes but if you are a driver you should have no problems, just park up at the station and go in by train. They run every 30 minutes at peak times but can get very busy.

Loz x
Hi,

What's the closest station to you?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:54 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

What's the closest station to you?

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny if you are going by public transport the nearest is Goodna but if you are driving to park up the easiest to get to is Wacol and there are a few more parking places.

Loz x
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:37 am
Go the BNE Roar

According to the article the station in Springfield will be open in 2010.

http://www.greaterspringfield.com.au...t-location.php
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iddy
Hi

Cheers

Adrian
Hi Mate
We went to a friends party at Springfield Lakes on the weekend. Everyone there was complaining how out of the way it was, it seems to be a long way from anywhere Although they are building that huge shopping centre there - biggest in Southeren Hemisphere apparently.
J
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:17 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yep , it's got 4 Gloria Jeans, coffee clubs and donut kings instead of the usual 2

It will be interesting to see if that Springfield CBD will attract many businesses.

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
huge shopping centre there - biggest in Southeren Hemisphere apparently.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:01 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Hi Ginny if you are going by public transport the nearest is Goodna but if you are driving to park up the easiest to get to is Wacol and there are a few more parking places.

Loz x
Thanks

Ginny
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Gday had to add my fourpenneth

Springfield lakes, .. well I work here at least twice a week, or thereabouts.

As for it being a long way from anywhere, what absolute bullshine

Springfield arterial, drops you immediately onto logan motorway, or fire up the centenary to the northside.. its a nice place

As for the shops etc, well yep apparently the biggest in the southern hemisphere, not to mention the much acclaimed tech park..

Furthermore, as housing increases so the inevitability of infrastructure become more prevalent, and urgent.. that said the train line promised to join springfield lake to the "hub" has been on the cards for donkeys years.

The houses ok, are tightly fitted in, and there is a significant proportion of investor/rental purchasing on the VAST number of new homes being constructed, but.... another gazillion acres has just been released for development, and add to this the expanding areas of Jimboomba, flagstone etc.. the prices and affordability of homes in Springfield lakes will undoubtedly rise

Its a nice place.

And it doesnt suffer from " we are not Inala we are ForrestLake syndrome " lol

Steve
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:18 am
Go the BNE Roar

No it suffers from the we aint Camira/Gailes/Goodna/Redbank Plains syndrome!!

Doesnt matter what areas are around you if your happy.

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
And it doesnt suffer from " we are not Inala we are Forrest Lake syndrome " lol

Steve
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:10 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

I'm sure I saw Homer last time I was there.......