Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Greater Melbourne Recomendations

Greater Melbourne Recomendations

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice
Default Greater Melbourne Recomendations

Hi Guys

Coming down to the big smoke from Lakes Entrance for a weekend shopping trip (Need baby things!). We have decided to make a very long weekend of it by going along the South Gippsland Highway.

Does anybody have any recomendations for accomodation in Welshpool and Hastings.

Also, Thinking of going to the Zoo, or would Weribee be better for a toddler?

Thanks

Tony

Beautiful East Gippland
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:00 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Greater Melbourne Recomendations

Healsville Sanctury may be better for a Toddler www.zoo.org.au . Werribee you are sat in a safari jeep/coach thing and depending on patience it may be a bit much for a little one.

Personally I didn't like Melbourne Zoo as I thought the conditions were cramped and awful, I'm not an animal expert but some of the animals did not look happy and appeared to be a bit stare crazy. If you have to go to a zoo Taronga in Sydney is much nicer if you are ever up that way.

LJJ
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:12 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Healsville Sanctury may be better for a Toddler www.zoo.org.au . Werribee you are sat in a safari jeep/coach thing and depending on patience it may be a bit much for a little one.

Personally I didn't like Melbourne Zoo as I thought the conditions were cramped and awful, I'm not an animal expert but some of the animals did not look happy and appeared to be a bit stare crazy. If you have to go to a zoo Taronga in Sydney is much nicer if you are ever up that way.

LJJ
I cannot comment on Melbourne Zoo, but Healesville is fab for all ages. Plenty to see, and quite a lot of interaction for the kids with the animals.

Pictures of my visit

Paul.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

Thanks Guys, but been to Healesville three times now, might check out the musos instead!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:10 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Thanks Guys, but been to Healesville three times now, might check out the musos instead!
Scienceworks is great. Have you been to the Aquarium?

LJJ
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ljj
Scienceworks is great. Have you been to the Aquarium?

LJJ

Been to the Aquarium: Thought it was a bit on the dear side, also not as good as Sydney's. I saw the Scienceworks on the box this week and it looked really good for both kids and big kids! I'll give it a go.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by avroncotton
Been to the Aquarium: Thought it was a bit on the dear side, also not as good as Sydney's. I saw the Scienceworks on the box this week and it looked really good for both kids and big kids! I'll give it a go.
Scienceworks is only $6 each for adults so it is a cheap day out!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:30 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
I thought the conditions were cramped and awful, I'm not an animal expert but some of the animals did not look happy and appeared to be a bit stare crazy.
LJJ
What would our pets think of us sitting on the flight out here??