Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

great website to get cheap flight prices!!!!

great website to get cheap flight prices!!!!

Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:56 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up great website to get cheap flight prices!!!!

Hi all,
Baldus buttas put somewhere on a thread about the following website and cheap flights.....

www.travelmood.co.uk

WOW, I cant believe the price difference that they have come up with!!

The cheapest flights that we wanted for 5 ppl (4 adults and 1 child) to go manchester..sydney...perth..was around £5+ thousand!!! looking on opodo/expedia etctec
thats going actually......manch/singapore/perth/sydney/perth route...
If you fly direct to sydney then onto perth the cheapest flights that i could find were about £6,000..

travel mood ...a very hepful girl called katharine..have priced it up at £3188!!!!!
thats going with quantas which we dont want to use really, having read comments on here before...
any good comments on quantas...we have a 6'1" son!!!!!..leg room will be a prob??!!
Singapore airlines dont connect very well in perth..(long wait for flight to sydney), but we could stay overnight in airport hotel or something...anyone any ideas??!!

we really want to visit sue and ian from this site who have been in sydney since november...but it really complicates the issue!!!lol

so have a look at the travel mood site..

someone want to give me any brill ideas???????
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: great website to get cheap flight prices!!!!

Hi Yvsie, are the prices quoted for return flights back to Manchester?
Old Apr 16th 2003, 6:03 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi shiske,

no they are one way!!!

sorry forgot to put that!
Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:14 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I am not sure of the specifics but there are rules which all the airlines have to comply with. If they are advised - in good time - of the height/size of a person and I think over 6' has it - they must offer them the better leg room seat (they may not put you nxt to him however)

Make a phone call and use your best voice - see what you can get. I have travelled Qantas several times recently and although the staff arenot as 'obsequious' as those on Thai Malaysian Cathay Pacific - it is a little more down to earth it is still good. Food and entertainment generally good (just hope you don't get the seat with the pbroken console!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:24 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

thanks yafm.,..i'll check it out..
Old Apr 17th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

I've just looked at Travel moods for flights from Manchester to Melbourne. The prices started at just over £500 to over a £1000 per adult, of course i stared looking at the cheaper ones first but all of them bar the 2 most expensive had maximum stay time limits of up to 1 year!!!
Is this right or have i read it wrong?
Mandy
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:08 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

mandy..
were you trying to book one way or return flghts??...
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

One way.
Mandy
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Travel Select do really good deals, and price includes tax. !

http://www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/travel.php
Old Apr 17th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Would it be cheaper to get a one way flight to Perth, then just buy domestic Perth-Sydney returns? Prices vary enormously, but I thought $600 could be found on internet.
Old Apr 18th 2003, 5:49 am
Just Joined

comerford_helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: great website to get cheap flight prices!!!!

We travelled with Quantas via Singapore, then Melbourne in Decemeber 2001/2002, we sat 4 accross, x 2 4 year olds my husband (who is 6ft) and myself, we were treated excellently and could find no fault with them.

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,
Baldus buttas put somewhere on a thread about the following website and cheap flights.....

www.travelmood.co.uk

WOW, I cant believe the price difference that they have come up with!!

The cheapest flights that we wanted for 5 ppl (4 adults and 1 child) to go manchester..sydney...perth..was around £5+ thousand!!! looking on opodo/expedia etctec
thats going actually......manch/singapore/perth/sydney/perth route...
If you fly direct to sydney then onto perth the cheapest flights that i could find were about £6,000..

travel mood ...a very hepful girl called katharine..have priced it up at £3188!!!!!
thats going with quantas which we dont want to use really, having read comments on here before...
any good comments on quantas...we have a 6'1" son!!!!!..leg room will be a prob??!!
Singapore airlines dont connect very well in perth..(long wait for flight to sydney), but we could stay overnight in airport hotel or something...anyone any ideas??!!

we really want to visit sue and ian from this site who have been in sydney since november...but it really complicates the issue!!!lol

so have a look at the travel mood site..

someone want to give me any brill ideas???????
Old Apr 18th 2003, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Mandyisere
One way.
Mandy
In which case return conditions don't apply!!!

Kev
Old Apr 18th 2003, 1:47 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

hi dotty.

i think thta's what we're trying to do....well travel moods are..
i really cant understand why its sooooo much cheaper to go overland (domestic flight) than straight to sydney!!??..anyone know?

when we book the flights i will let them know about my lanky son though!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2003, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kev i was thinking they'd come and get me after 12 months!!!
Mandy
Old Apr 18th 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

We've just booked our flights to Brisbane via Fiji for June 10th. Were originally going via Singapore but changed our plans completely after looking for alternatives with the SARS etc. We figured that although the chances were very low of us catching anything, after it taking so long with the application we didn't want to jeopardise anything. We looked on various websites but the prices were just ridiculous so in the end phoned the biggies i.e. Travelbag, Trailfinders and Bridge the World. Got various different prices for the same flights with the same airlines. Even phoned Travelbag in Cardiff and London on the same day and got different quotes. Phoned back today to London and got a lower quote again. Travel to Fiji via LA, stay 4 nights in Fiji, then fly to Brisbane via Sydney, with BA and Quantas for £415. Booked with Travelbag - we will be booking accomm in Fiji with them too. Very helpful and cheaper than anywhere else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.