Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The great unanswered question

The great unanswered question

Old May 22nd 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default The great unanswered question

Why is it that when you have a cold or a badly blocked nose, the blockage seems to randomly migrate from one nostril to the other? and during the migration you have no blockage at all.

This has actually puzzled me since i was a kid.

Anybody else have a crazy question that defies all known boundaries of science?
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:44 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: The great unanswered question

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
Why is it that when you have a cold or a badly blocked nose, the blockage seems to randomly migrate from one nostril to the other? and during the migration you have no blockage at all.

Why do men have nipples?

R.
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The great unanswered question

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

As Nitrogen is heavier than Oxygen and about 80% of the air is Nitrogen, all the Oxygen should be high up in the sky. So how can we breath? (There is an answer BTW)
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carruss
Why do men have nipples?

R.
I know that one. it's because we are all female at conception, right up until a certain point in gestation.
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:58 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

And the nose thing is because it's normal for one nostril to have a little sleep and you then just breathe thru' the other, then they swap! Seriously!

If your nose is blocked, you notice!
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

why does toast always land butter side down when you drop a piece?

why do old women wear make up? :scared:

why do we have snot in the first place?

why if you were on a plane travelling at 300 miles oer hr, and if you jumped in the air, why wouldnt you end up at the back of the pane upon landing back on your feet?

why does a piece of paper sink in the sea, but a 100 ton ship made of metal float?

I know all the answers, but they do make us think, and no dont ask for the answers, because i dont know them all really
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yonk
And the nose thing is because it's normal for one nostril to have a little sleep and you then just breathe thru' the other, then they swap! Seriously!

It is blocked. I have a damn cold, that's what made me think of this. My nose is flowing gunk quite freely. it's rather disgusting actually.
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:11 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

When you do the washing up, and you let the water out, why is there always a teaspoon left at the bottom?
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:29 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
When you do the washing up, and you let the water out, why is there always a teaspoon left at the bottom?
With me its knives.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

the answer to all...is simple...you lot need to get out more
Old May 22nd 2005, 1:26 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bloke
With me its knives.
Me too,
my question is, why does it take so bloody long to get a visa and why can't they have an option on a secure web page so you can see how your visa is progressing!!!!!!!
Old May 22nd 2005, 1:47 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Why do men always leave the loo seat up
Old May 22nd 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by yonk

Yes, that's so, and there's a whole body of yogic science around this called Swara yoga. It's related to the phase of the moon and the time of sunrise, which nostril starts flowing first at daybreak. The changeover is approx every every hour to ninety minutes throughout the day and for about four minutes at changeover time both nostrils flow freely. The activity of the left and right brain hemispheres changes with the nostril flow and at the four-minute changeover is when we are at our most "meditative" and we should not try to over-exert physically or mentally at that time- mistakes can happen, concentration is poor, we might feel a bit "dreamy". Left nostril flowing is more conducive to quiet, mental work and right nostril for physical activity (broadly speaking). If you're having trouble getting to sleep, check your nostril flow, probably right nostril is freer. Turn onto your right side, apply pressure to your left armpit by tucking your right hand into it and wait for the flow to swap to the left side. Alternatively do this three times which I think is what I need to do now to get over all this esoteric stuff. :scared: You always wanted to know this, didn't you folks?
Old May 22nd 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

What rhymes with orange?
Old May 22nd 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Me too,
my question is, why does it take so bloody long to get a visa and why can't they have an option on a secure web page so you can see how your visa is progressing!!!!!!!

Because that would illustrate that they do bugger all!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.