Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great Southern region of West Australia

Great Southern region of West Australia

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Post Great Southern region of West Australia

Has anyone on the forum moved to the Great Southern region of WA.

Just asking as this area has my trade 3121/15 as being in demand on the SRSV scheme.
Not fussed on where i go to in Oz, just so long as I hit the ground and have a job to move into. This area seems a bit behind the times from the Albany gateway website. Would this be true?
(Would really like Perth but trade is not in demand here).

Ho hum. Now just have to wait for vetassess to start accepting CC payments online again.

ubdai
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Southern region of West Australia

Originally Posted by ubdai
Has anyone on the forum moved to the Great Southern region of WA.

Just asking as this area has my trade 3121/15 as being in demand on the SRSV scheme.
Not fussed on where i go to in Oz, just so long as I hit the ground and have a job to move into. This area seems a bit behind the times from the Albany gateway website. Would this be true?
(Would really like Perth but trade is not in demand here).

Ho hum. Now just have to wait for vetassess to start accepting CC payments online again.

ubdai
From what I understand Albany is very nice. Hub travels down there for work every couple of months.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps one of the nicest looking areas and cosst lines in Australia.
Quite a number of UK expats reside there.The weather being somewhat temprid cool and often wet winters with not so hot summers is certainly a draw for some people from the Northern Hemisphere.
Problem being work not so easy to get plus local population a little are not in my experience so open.
Saying that Albany is a lovely city some five hours south of Perth and a big local tourist destination in it's ownright
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that.