Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great Rate with Money transfer company !

Great Rate with Money transfer company !

Old Mar 13th 2015, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Great Rate with Money transfer company !

Just wanted to share the great rates and ease of use a currency transfer company i have just used!
I normally go through Torfx which i have always been happy with, but a friend of mine back in the UK got me onto these guys.
The do what is called transparency trading, which doesnt mean much to me! But i opened account online (they respond requesting info for ID checks which of course is normal) and then its very easy to use. Its almost like cutting out the middle man and because of this the rates are very good. No commission and no fee.
For anyone interested the website is FCI Currency. Register under the private customer section and enter the promo code DSIBMar15... then away you go !
You can use as an when you want or set up regular payments.
Happy Days !
Old Mar 13th 2015, 5:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Rate with Money transfer company !

Originally Posted by Lois1
Just wanted to share the great rates and ease of use a currency transfer company i have just used!
I normally go through Torfx which i have always been happy with, but a friend of mine back in the UK got me onto these guys.
The do what is called transparency trading, which doesnt mean much to me! But i opened account online (they respond requesting info for ID checks which of course is normal) and then its very easy to use. Its almost like cutting out the middle man and because of this the rates are very good. No commission and no fee.
For anyone interested the website is FCI Currency. Register under the private customer section and enter the promo code DSIBMar15... then away you go !
You can use as an when you want or set up regular payments.
Happy Days !
Sounds very similar to OzForex (or UKForex), XE.com and others.

What's the 'promo code' thing for? Is it a referral fee?
Old Mar 13th 2015, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

To be honest I'm not entirely sure, I think to get a slightly better rate/reward scheme thingy maybe ? I can ask my friend later but bit early in uk now to get a reply. Just thought it was worth a mention, she passed it in to me.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

well i've just gone into their currency convertor and it says exactly what forex is giving

surely this isnt right as this is how these forex companies make their money ...... creaming a bit off the top depending on how much you change up

anyone else ever used or heard of these ?? or is this just to get you signed up then once done rates are just the same as ukforex / hifx
Old Mar 13th 2015, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

To be honest I only have ever used torfx so I don't know how it compares to the ones you mentioned. My friend put me on to them as her parents have a property in Portugal and often transferring back n forwards. I signed up and got better rate than I had been quoted, was easy quick and simple. I checked them out first in case bit dodgy but seem to meet the usual governing standards and licenses.... Maybe just a new company ?? I hadn't heard of them before either. But have no complaints. If the promo
Code is a referral thingy it ain't coming to me lol !
Old Mar 13th 2015, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say it would take a lot to sway me from Ozforex/Tranzfers.

Did two transactions recently to Tranzfers via Westpac. Westpac stuffed up BOTH of them, but the guys at Tranzfers fixed them both in a few minutes when I rang them. Good to see their customer service is still
Old Mar 17th 2015, 5:16 am
Banned

zooter80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strangely Western Union has been giving me the best rates recently, but there are limits ($5000 per 3 days period) on how much you can transfer
Old Mar 17th 2015, 5:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zooter80
Strangely Western Union has been giving me the best rates recently, but there are limits ($5000 per 3 days period) on how much you can transfer
Wow, that's a surprise! Have used them in the past and their rates were even worse than the banks.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 5:24 am
Banned

zooter80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Wow, that's a surprise! Have used them in the past and their rates were even worse than the banks.
Yes indeed, I compared the rates with banks, Ozforex, Hifx and MoneyGram and WU and they turned out to be the cheapest!