Great Idea!

Old May 13th 2002, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

rory b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great Idea!

Hey everyone,

just thought of a great money making scam. Set yourself up as a government agency for immigration, I dunno- call yourself Apathetic Heartbreaking Con or something.

Then charge over £400 for already skilled people to apply (non-refundable of course) make them wait forever because you only employ 4 staff, and don't even open the mail if you don't feel like it!

About 10,000 a year will apply so you will be extremely busy counting over £4 million loverly un-refundable pounds!!

Does anyone else think this is an atrocious way to run a govt department. I'll understand if some of you are too nervous to reply!!
Old May 13th 2002, 10:20 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Great Idea!

US INS processing times are far slower than Australian times at their worst (parent
visas excepted). Canada is often not a great deal better.

Chin up, you should get your visa in the end, it could have been worse if the pass
mark increase had applied to applications already in the system. And I very much
doubt that London ever got anything close to 10,000 skilled applications a year.

Jeremy

>On 13 May 2002 14:20:11 GMT, rory b <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey everyone,
    >
    >just thought of a great money making scam. Set yourself up as a government agency
    >for immigration, I dunno- call yourself Apathetic Heartbreaking Con or something.
    >
    >Then charge over £400 for already skilled people to apply (non-refundable of course)
    >make them wait forever because you only employ 4 staff, and don't even open the mail
    >if you don't feel like it!
    >
    >About 10,000 a year will apply so you will be extremely busy counting over £4
    >million loverly un-refundable pounds!!
    >
    >Does anyone else think this is an atrocious way to run a govt department. I'll
    >understand if some of you are too nervous to reply!!
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 14th 2002, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Great Idea!

Errr, in Belgrade is the same problem and it seems that applicants at other AHCs experience the same s%@t, so 10,000 is not exagerated after all...

Last edited by mxqth; May 14th 2002 at 12:27 pm.