Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Great get-together - well done Sophia!!

Great get-together - well done Sophia!!

Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great get-together - well done Sophia!!

Big thanks to Sophia for organising yesterday's get-together, and for bravely suggesting we meet up at her house instead of Rockingham beach (because it was so windy). There were a lot of us Poms! Whatever did your neighbours think Soph?!

Some of the Expats we'd met before at the last do, and it was great to meet some of the new arrivals, the Garretts, Abergas, Yvsie, Baldbutts are some posters who spring to mind. Sorry to all those parents who are now being badgered to buy a puppy (we bought our little Toby along and all the kids fell in love with him!) Baldbutts, Andy says he looks forward to comparing some more Ozzie beers again with you another night!!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 7:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great get-together - well done Sophia!!

Originally posted by Jacqui
Big thanks to Sophia for organising yesterday's get-together, and for bravely suggesting we meet up at her house instead of Rockingham beach (because it was so windy). There were a lot of us Poms! Whatever did your neighbours think Soph?!

Some of the Expats we'd met before at the last do, and it was great to meet some of the new arrivals, the Garretts, Abergas, Yvsie, Baldbutts are some posters who spring to mind. Sorry to all those parents who are now being badgered to buy a puppy (we bought our little Toby along and all the kids fell in love with him!) Baldbutts, Andy says he looks forward to comparing some more Ozzie beers again with you another night!!

so do we get to see any photos???

sue
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:34 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Hear here,thanks Soph and Gaz-very brave of yer to let us riff raff in.Especially with Yvsie and Big Kevs Reputation

Can't wait Andy-have to sort summat out-I'll bring the Tesco value lager I bought over with me,you bring the Crownies.
As for the puppy-all it's made me do is get a nicotine addiction

BB-Even better looking in the flesh

Last edited by baldbutts; Oct 27th 2003 at 10:39 am.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by baldbutts
Hear here,thanks Soph and Gaz-very brave of yer to let us riff raff in.Especially with Yvsie and Big Kevs Reputation

Can't wait Andy-have to sort summat out-I'll bring the Tesco value lager I bought over with me,you bring the Crownies.
As for the puppy-all it's made me do is get a nicotine addiction

BB-Even better looking in the flesh

Here Here, thanks Sophia and garreth, had a great time, only sorry we had to leave so early.
get together again soon
yve
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Cool

Thanks guys

It turned out to be a great day!! Shame about the wind though, blimey it was cold!!

I think another highlight (apart from the dogs) for some of the kids was the appearance of yet another frog in our back garden....they seemed enchanted with it!! I'm convinced it's the same one we keep evicting so I'm going to mark it with a marker pen next time!!

The house has more or less returned to normal now, mind, the dishwasher has been on non-stop since then and Gareth is stubbornly refusing to clean the barbie!!! EEEWWW!

We'll have to do it again soon...and hopefully we'll get the weather for it next time!!

Hope Hevs & HUP have managed to get their campervan sorted. They enjoyed meeting everyone and are now, I believe, on their way to Geraldton.

Sorry guys, no pictures, no paparazzi allowed!

As for t'neighbours, they probably thought we were having a tupperware party!!!

Great to meet some of the new arrivals and fab to see the old faces again too (not literally of course!!)

love sophia xxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

All we can say from this end is wish we were there!