Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Great Australian Property Swindle

The Great Australian Property Swindle

Old Apr 1st 2011, 1:32 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Australian Property Swindle

Originally Posted by Fluid36

Is knitpicking a word? - you'd better check.
If you are pulling apart cardigans, then that could be the go or could you mean nitpicking

Sorry couldn't resist. In our house that would be a DCJ. Dads Crap Joke
Old Apr 1st 2011, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
If you are pulling apart cardigans, then that could be the go or could you mean nitpicking

Sorry couldn't resist. In our house that would be a DCJ. Dads Crap Joke
haha - fair enough.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 1:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
All sold
Cool. I remember that a few years ago, the general consensus among BE's resident property 'experts' was that they would never be sold
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Cool. I remember that a few years ago, the general consensus among BE's resident property 'experts' was that they would never be sold
They underestimated the greater fool theory and the herd mentality.

Last edited by Fluid36; Apr 1st 2011 at 2:57 am.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The underestimates the greater fools theory and the greater herd mentality, at their peril.
I've read your post several times and still don't understand it
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've read your post several times and still don't understand it
I fixed the spelling and took the extra / confusing part out.

added links below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality

Last edited by Fluid36; Apr 1st 2011 at 2:58 am.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:10 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I love this article.

http://www.jenman.com.au/news_item.php?id=60

I think that it's worth posting the link again, as it is nearly 10yrs old now.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:11 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

They underestimated the greater fool theory and the herd mentality.
Greater Fool sounds like its a place in Midsomer Murders.... just down the road from Lower Fool and across the river from Dissing Down.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:13 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Greater Fool sounds like its a place in Midsomer Murders.... just down the road from Lower Fool and across the river from Dissing Down.

I think you'd need a Middle Fool too...

S
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I think you'd need a Middle Fool too...

S
Fools all round then.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asprilla
I love this article.

http://www.jenman.com.au/news_item.php?id=60

I think that it's worth posting the link again, as it is nearly 10yrs old now.
fool.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:19 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

fool.

As long as I'm the greater fool, I don't mind.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

You or the person who wrote the article?
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:21 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

But who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

S
Old Apr 1st 2011, 3:28 am
Account Open

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
But who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

S
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.