The heat

Old May 10th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

perhaps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The heat

When we were in France a couple of years ago on our jollies, There were a couple of really really hot days. Now I can't remember the temp. but it was too hot to walk any distance at the height of it.

When I watched a couple of the wanted down under progs. Perth and Darwin I think were the ones, the parks and beaches stc all looked deserted - was this because of the time of day/heat or did the film cameras shift everyone way?

I suppose I am wondering, Is it going to be too hot for us on the Gold coast??

I do like the heat but not too hot, and I like to be able to walk from A to B if needs be.
Old May 10th 2011, 1:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The heat

No, it's nothing like the temps you get in the Med area of Europe. As I said in the other thread, it rarely hits or gets over 35 on the majority of the coast and there are good sea breezes that get a fair way inland. Humidity was high on a couple of days this summer but in the five plus years I've been here, it was the first time I've felt it.

Most offices and shopping centres are air conditioned and lots of houses use it too. We don't we use open windows with screens and get a good through breeze.

In my ever so humble opinion it's a perfect climate. It's cooler than Brisbane and beyond but still more than warm. Winters get chilly (I'd say they get damn cold, but that's me) and when it gets to about 21 the fluffy socks come out but winter days are generally gorgeous, light bright and sunny.

However that's just my opinion and I have no idea how you deal with 'heat'. also bear in mind that you acclimatise quickly and living and working in a climate is completely different from being in holiday mode in the same climate.
Old May 10th 2011, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

My day is just getting better Sounds perfect.
Old May 10th 2011, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perhaps
When we were in France a couple of years ago on our jollies, There were a couple of really really hot days. Now I can't remember the temp. but it was too hot to walk any distance at the height of it.

When I watched a couple of the wanted down under progs. Perth and Darwin I think were the ones, the parks and beaches stc all looked deserted - was this because of the time of day/heat or did the film cameras shift everyone way?

I suppose I am wondering, Is it going to be too hot for us on the Gold coast??

I do like the heat but not too hot, and I like to be able to walk from A to B if needs be.
No you'll be fine I'm presently sat in my flanelette pj's and wrapped in a blanket!
Old May 10th 2011, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Any good camping round the gold coast? This is something we like to do And as we can't pop to France got to look at the alternatives.
Old May 10th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
No you'll be fine I'm presently sat in my flanelette pj's and wrapped in a blanket!
Really ?? But please tell me you are cozy but not cold..
Old May 10th 2011, 1:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Had the wood burner going earlier. Not cold now
Old May 10th 2011, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

It is cold at night in winter but usually great around 20c during the day.
Old May 10th 2011, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Nope am cold! In a morning I have to drag myself out of my warm bed lol! But have been here 4 years and when the overnight temp gets down to 11 brrrr I miss cuddling up to a radiator
Old May 10th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Well if it makes you feel any better we have no radiators here either,nor a coal fire or wood burner -only poxy no good for nothing storage heaters - and there are none upstairs.
Oh and we don't have the sunshine either
Old May 10th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

It still amazes us how quiet the beaches are here but have put it down to the fact that there is mile after mile of sandy beach for everyone to spread themselves out on.

The only beaches that I've found to be busy so far are Hillarys (will only go there week day & out of school hols now) & Yanchep although apparently that was really quiet this weekend.

When we came over for our reccie 3 years ago we were told about jelly fish, etc & asked how we'd know if it was safe to go in the sea or not. We were told that no one else would be in the sea. But as the beaches are generally very quiet here that wasn't much help.

As for the temps we've just done our first summer here & have fared pretty well. Didn't even use the aircon (well not in the house any way, I used it in the car a lot). The few humid days we had though were pretty horrid. We've certainly noticed the drop in temperature, especially when it dropped by 10 degrees over night a few weeks back. I've just complained to hubby that my feet are frozen & am a little concerned about keeping warm over the next few months with no heating, no double glazing & a very drafty house.

Alison x
Old May 10th 2011, 9:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Damn chilly this morning! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old May 10th 2011, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Damn chilly this morning! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
10 degrees here overnight....beautiful
Old May 10th 2011, 9:56 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
10 degrees here overnight....beautiful
Walked out the door yesterday morning and the temperature was 1.9c to be exact

Bloody freezin !!

We did get up to nearly 11 degrees during the day. I thought this Oz place was supposed to be warm and sunny all year !!!!
Old May 11th 2011, 12:18 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

It's a funny thing temperature. I like 20C to 25C days, anything higher than that and I get too hot and start grumbling about it. For me Spring and Autumn are just perfect, but I do like the fresh blue sky winter days too where it's about 17 - 20 during the day and 'cold' at night. During summer I stay indoors with the A/C on.

But then again I'm originally from Yorkshire/Lancashire where 22C is a nice day and 26C is a heat wave. I havn't worn a big coat in Australia yet and I've been here 17 years now. The guys at work are all wearing thick jumpers today and complaining that it's too cold, I'm still in a T-shirt and loving it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.