Gray coast road

Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Mr Pants is on a distinguished road
Default Gray coast road

Hi guys, hope someone can help. We're going over to Oz in February for a month. Really want to drive the Great Coast Road from Melbourne to Adelaide. Should we hire a camper van from here or leave it until we get there? Any idea as to good companies and prices. Presumably there are millions of places to park/camp overnight. The alternative is to hire a normal car and stay in hotels, if we do that should we prebook places to stay ot takechances? Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gray coast road

Originally Posted by Mr Pants
Hi guys, hope someone can help. We're going over to Oz in February for a month. Really want to drive the Great Coast Road from Melbourne to Adelaide. Should we hire a camper van from here or leave it until we get there? Any idea as to good companies and prices. Presumably there are millions of places to park/camp overnight. The alternative is to hire a normal car and stay in hotels, if we do that should we prebook places to stay ot takechances? Thanks for your help.

You should be pretty much ok to do it either way as the schools are all back then.

Great Ocean Road Accommodation

B&B's & Cottages
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

There is a website - which i cannot find for love nor money, where you deliver camper vans etc and pay for eg $1 per day to drive the vehicle to the point of delivery and they can be from literally any city to anywhere.

If you search BE you may find it or some kind soul will put me out of my misery and post the weblink for us both.

michelle
xxx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mr Pants
Here is the website

http://www.greatoceanrd.org.au/

We did the trip in April, its really beautifull, we stayed at Apollo bay, which is about half way to the apostles and make time to visit the rainforest sky walk in the ottway forest.
You can get cheap last minute places to stay on www.wotif.com

Paula & Steve
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unycorne
There is a website - which i cannot find for love nor money, where you deliver camper vans etc and pay for eg $1 per day to drive the vehicle to the point of delivery and they can be from literally any city to anywhere.

If you search BE you may find it or some kind soul will put me out of my misery and post the weblink for us both.

michelle
xxx
This is the one: http://www.standbycars.com.au/oneways.aspx
Ruth
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Mr Pants is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pootle
Thanks everybody for your help.

Regards

Shaun aka Mr Pants
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pootle
Thank you thats the one and it is now saved to my favs.

michelle
xxx