Gravy Granules

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gravy Granules

Every couple of months I boil up the chicken carcass after the Sunday roast and freeze it in individual portions then if I need gravy but don't have the meat juices, stick one in the microwave and make it from that.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Every couple of months I boil up the chicken carcass after the Sunday roast and freeze it in individual portions then if I need gravy but don't have the meat juices, stick one in the microwave and make it from that.
If you roast the carcass again with some onions then boil you get an even better stock.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
If you roast the carcass again with some onions then boil you get an even better stock.
You do indeed. I love real gravy
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

HJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant futureHJAMES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cookster
YES ITS TERRIBLE!!!!!

I buy mine off the internet in bulk!!!

Angela
Hi Angela,

Sorry, which website do you use to buy off the internet.

Thanks

Helen
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Hi this is a very BIG issue for us. I know how to make traditional gravy, mother in law was happy to show me what to do, just in case I did not have the concept! But, and seriously, I need help with this, gravy is very important to us, obviously! We have about our plates loaded with gravy. In total 1 litre or two pints (ish) for each meal for four. How can you do this with the meat scapings?
Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

mum of two little girls is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree Ozzie gravy granules are awful

My family are always sending Bisto Gravy Granules or good old ASDA Gravy Granules with no problems. The outer packaging is always opened by Quarantine for inspection and the usual note inside to say package not contants have been opened, then forwarded to me .
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

I think that i'll set up a company importing bisto and OXO when my visa eventually comes through
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

gasmark is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Hope this helps, it's been a life saver in our House......

www.atasteofhome.com.au/index.php

Maria