British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Grape Nuts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/grape-nuts-186382/)

colinnsam Oct 22nd 2003 9:52 am

Grape Nuts

Does anyone know where we can get grape nuts in Adelaide?
They are like a breakfast cereal and you use them as an ingriedent for some cakes. They are made by Craft and Jackobs and are wheat and malted barley.

thanks Colin

mr mover Oct 22nd 2003 10:27 am

Re: Grape Nuts

Originally posted by colinnsam
Does anyone know where we can get grape nuts in Adelaide?
They are like a breakfast cereal and you use them as an ingriedent for some cakes. They are made by Craft and Jackobs and are wheat and malted barley.

thanks Colin
HI c/s try the CENTRAL MARKET , GROTE STREET ADELAIDE......:D :beer: MM

podgypossum Oct 22nd 2003 10:35 am

Originally posted by mr mover
HI c/s try the CENTRAL MARKET , GROTE STREET ADELAIDE......:D :beer: MM

By the way MM...thanx for the link to central market the other day...looks like a good place to start aquainting myself with Adelaide.

PeteY Oct 22nd 2003 10:39 am

Originally posted by podgypossum
By the way MM...thanx for the link to central market the other day...looks like a good place to start aquainting myself with Adelaide.
Podge.....once your settled in, treat yourself to a holiday to the south east of SA.

Its where my inlaws come from, and if only we could get work down there (unlikely..)i would dearly love to live there. Beautiful place. The coastline is wonderful and there are lots of really nice towns. Recommended are...Robe(but not at new years unless you are 20 ;)), Beachport, Southend (amazing coastline), Mount Gambier and Port Macdonnel.

Gotta be worth the 5 hour drive for a weeks hols :)

podgypossum Oct 22nd 2003 10:46 am

Originally posted by PeteY
Podge.....once your settled in, treat yourself to a holiday to the south east of SA.

Its where my inlaws come from, and if only we could get work down there (unlikely..)i would dearly love to live there. Beautiful place. The coastline is wonderful and there are lots of really nice towns. Recommended are...Robe(but not at new years unless you are 20 ;)), Beachport, Southend (amazing coastline), Mount Gambier and Port Macdonnel.

Thanx for the advice Pete...seeing as i wont be able to work for a few months when we first get there, i shall make a point of exploring while i have the chance...you are making me very excited about it all...

Roll on Nov 12th!!

mr mover Oct 22nd 2003 11:38 am

Originally posted by PeteY

pete I dont know if you realise this but the area from Warnabool, VIC through to millicent in SA ,and inclusive has the lowest Unemployment rate in Australia ,according to a recent survey , But i guess it depends what sort of job yer lookin for ............

PeteY Oct 22nd 2003 11:41 am

Originally posted by mr mover
pete I dont know if you realise this but the area from Warnabool, VIC through to millicent in SA ,and inclusive has the lowest Unemployment rate in Australia ,according to a recent survey , But i guess it depends what sort of job yer lookin for ............
I did'nt know it was quite that bad, but i knew it was extremely unlikely we would get work down there. Its the reason we are going to to QLD.