Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container Gone - Can I Get It Back

Container Gone - Can I Get It Back

Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

jadedjilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Container Gone - Can I Get It Back

Container has gone today to the port. Due to be shipped on the 5th September. I know I have made a mistake and want to get it back and the stuff put back in the house.

If I contact the shipping company in the morning will they be able to get it back before it goes ?

Help please.

Jill
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container Gone - Can I Get It Back

Originally Posted by jadedjilly
Container has gone today to the port. Due to be shipped on the 5th September. I know I have made a mistake and want to get it back and the stuff put back in the house.

If I contact the shipping company in the morning will they be able to get it back before it goes ?

Help please.

Jill
Possibly - call them early and cross your fingers!!!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

EIM01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Help please.

Jill
Yes, you can definitely get it back.

However, I can advise you that will probably not get much change out of the money you will already have paid for door to door service to Australia.

The actual buying rate seafreight cost to the removal company for the container on the water from UK to Oz is actually a relatively small proportion of the full move costs. A good part of that will be absorbed in costs associated with what the shipping industry terms a "frustrated export."
Old Aug 30th 2013, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Bonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really nice

Hey Jill...well what did you do?

Please make the right call, my wife and I had several chances to stop the boat but didnt...not saying you should stop the boat...just listen to your gut instict and do what feels less wrong! ...GOOD LUCK ITS NOT EASY OR FUN!!!
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:34 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Help please.

Jill
It sounds like you've got a bad case of cold feet!

Why have you changed your mind?
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
It sounds like you've got a bad case of cold feet!

Why have you changed your mind?
Jill's posted her story here Kapri. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807111

Jill, I hope you got your container back without too much trouble or expense, and I hope you're ok.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there's not much new information to go on by either thread.