Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GP in northern Brisbane suburbs??

GP in northern Brisbane suburbs??

Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:41 pm
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Default GP in northern Brisbane suburbs??

Hi,
I hope you can give us some advice on doctors. My missus is 11 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child and we just (last weekend) moved to the North Lakes area. As we haven't made any contact with other families yet it would be fantastic getting some recommendations (by pm or email). We've just seen one (from the Yellow Pages) and it was a huge disappointment...

Any help is really appreciated.

Cheers
Winni
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:51 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GP in northern Brisbane suburbs??

Originally Posted by D&W
Hi,
I hope you can give us some advice on doctors. My missus is 11 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child and we just (last weekend) moved to the North Lakes area. As we haven't made any contact with other families yet it would be fantastic getting some recommendations (by pm or email). We've just seen one (from the Yellow Pages) and it was a huge disappointment...

Any help is really appreciated.

Cheers
Winni
We are living in North Lakes at the moment and both the missus and me (and our children [4 +2]) have used the Doctors there (behind the Westfields shopping centre) neither of us have had any issues with them.
Although some of the Dr's are more happy to discuss your problem than others that is to say you have to take time to ask questions rather than them giving you all the answers - does that make sense??
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:51 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
We are living in North Lakes at the moment and both the missus and me have used the Doctors there (behind the Westfields shopping centre) neither of us have had any issues with them.
Although some of the Dr's are more happy to discuss your problem than others that is to say you have to take time to ask questions rather than them giving you all the answers - does that make sense??
Ps - congrats on being preggers !
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
We are living in North Lakes at the moment and both the missus and me (and our children [4 +2]) have used the Doctors there (behind the Westfields shopping centre) neither of us have had any issues with them.

Hiya!

Yes, we use that surgery too....no problems so far either
Tanya
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:29 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Are you referring to the medical centre inside the Westfield shopping centre or the one opposite of the car park?

Cheers
Winni
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

My doctor in South Australia looked after me for many, many years. He didn't 'bulk bill' but I was very happy with him, very caring. When I moved to WA he told me to shop around until I found a doctor I was comfortable with...he also gave me my printed records. The first doctor I tried was just terrible ...like a conveyor belt . Unfortunately I handed over my records and they wouldn't give me them back...which they were obliged to. I then found a very good doctor who just happens to bulk bill. He phoned the other doctor and they told him they couldn't find my records...I know for a fact that they had put the information on the computer. My new doctor then phoned the one in South Australia who gave him all the information he needed. So I really think newcomers should shop around until they find a GP who they are comfortable with ...by the way, I have to see the doctor every two weeks so it was good finding one which bulk bills...and I am comfortable with
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by D&W
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Are you referring to the medical centre inside the Westfield shopping centre or the one opposite of the car park?

Cheers
Winni
The one inside westfield...