Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:46 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice
Default Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

Hi - just got the offer from the estate agent - I cant be bothered with the upheaval!

My amazement of oz and the life over there has worn off - I have a web design company I like and don`t want to sell.

please give me advise and give me the push/prod! - I know it will be amaxing!

Old Jun 29th 2005, 3:55 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

Originally Posted by Widdi
Hi - just got the offer from the estate agent - I cant be bothered with the upheaval!

My amazement of oz and the life over there has worn off - I have a web design company I like and don`t want to sell.

I felt like that for a little while after exchanging Monday, I then booked the flights, it worked
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Salma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
I felt like that for a little while after exchanging Monday, I then booked the flights, it worked
I would like to pack my bags and go but @ the moment I'm stuck in the UK and my Fiance will move here!

But long term plan is too settle there (mind u i have never been there)
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:11 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

You have mentioned your company before but thats the beauty of this business as this can be run from anywhere in the world. You said you had people here that you can trust to help this end and its understandable that your concerned about it etc as you have some good clients.

Just get your butt out there and give it a couple of years. Thats what we are aiming for as our other relatives said it takes at least a year before you feel settled. I suppose this depends on the people though as everyone is different.

Look at it as a challenge, if you continue along the same lines of work you may end up never looking back.

Anyways, good luck whatever you decide to do.

R.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

If you like it here so much why did you bother applying in the first place????
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildmark
If you like it here so much why did you bother applying in the first place????
People are allowed to change there minds if they so wish. I sort of know how you feel we have had all the hassle of getting the visas and now the grief of trying to sell the house it does get you down, i hope you are happy what ever you choose
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karenjc
People are allowed to change there minds if they so wish. I sort of know how you feel we have had all the hassle of getting the visas and now the grief of trying to sell the house it does get you down, i hope you are happy what ever you choose

Opps sorry for giving an opinion :scared:
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:27 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

things change - times change - This time last year I didn`t have 30 international clients!

In fact I had nothing! - just seems a waste thats all!

Things annoy me over here and in Australia - neither is perfect and people who blanket either country with goo or bad simply have blinkers on. Things are not that simple.

I could do it over there but not the photography, which is what I do that keeps me from the rest of the webdesigners.

A web designer with laptop and skype!??!!

Has anyone else worked from Australia this way?

Last edited by Widdi; Jun 29th 2005 at 4:29 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildmark
Opps sorry for giving an opinion :scared:
Opinion or attitude
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:35 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Got the visa - sold the house an hour ago but don`t want to go!

things change - times change - This time last year I didn`t have 30 international clients!

I could do it over there but not the photography, which is what I do that keeps me from the rest of the webdesigners.
Stay here then.......easy.

More room for the rest of us!

R.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:47 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Validate - if you haven't already - and have a short holiday at the same time.

If you have validated - stay here for a few years and put everything on hold. Rent for the time that you're staying - the property market isn't going to do anything.

See how the business goes.

Good luck with it - don't envy your decision making!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:50 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

"I dont like it"

Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:51 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ransi
"I dont like it"

"Yeah I know!" ....you just gotta love Little Britain, and especially Andy!!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:52 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Could you not find an employee that can fill your boots for a little while?? ...just a suggestion???
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:55 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrantP
"Yeah I know!" ....you just gotta love Little Britain, and especially Andy!!
"Are you sure"....."what a herffuffle".... (Lou)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.