British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Got the Visa!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/got-visa-305842/)

jond May 30th 2005 9:24 am

Got the Visa!!!!!!

We were woken up this morning by a phone call from my Sister in Melbourne to tell us that our agent had called her to tell her that our Visas had been issued on 27th April but the email had gone to his junk mail box! (idiot)
It does not matter now at least we have got them.

John

louise4 May 30th 2005 9:30 am

Re: Got the Visa!!!!!!

congratulations and well done. Good luck for the future

Louise

Carruss May 30th 2005 9:32 am

Congrats! ;)

R.

Bhoywonder May 30th 2005 9:40 am

Congratulations.......now the fun begins

Sue2 May 30th 2005 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jond
We were woken up this morning by a phone call from my Sister in Melbourne to tell us that our agent had called her to tell her that our Visas had been issued on 27th April but the email had gone to his junk mail box! (idiot)

John

Many congrts :beer: its a gr8 feeling!!

All the best

Sue :beer:

Shazrazmataz May 30th 2005 10:00 am

Great news well done :D :beer:

badri May 30th 2005 10:02 am

John

congrats John

Badri

SuperSeagulls May 30th 2005 10:14 am

Excellent news, nice one.

SS

Anne4Terry May 30th 2005 10:38 am

:D congratulations!!! :D

Ian_H May 30th 2005 7:59 pm

John

congrates, now you can start living again without all the waiting!! Lets us know how it is going when your out there!!

It reads like you applied for the sponsored visa, maybe wrong, but how long did it take to process? Just curious as to whether they are speeding up on processing the visas? :D

jond May 30th 2005 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ian_H
congrates, now you can start living again without all the waiting!! Lets us know how it is going when your out there!!

It reads like you applied for the sponsored visa, maybe wrong, but how long did it take to process? Just curious as to whether they are speeding up on processing the visas? :D

Hi Ian & everybody who has sent us there best wishes. I hope that they have speeded up the process as we applied for our Visas in March 2004 and whilst it was the Australian sponsored route, which we believe is one of the slowest ones it took forever. This was not helped by a rather complicated TRA application that took a further 7 months prior to our application, but it does not matter now as the waiting is past us, who was it who said: good things come to those that wait. (I don't know it was, but I bet he never had to deal with DIMIA)

Good luck to those still waiting and I can't wait to tell my boss in the morning.

John & Julie

Milo May 30th 2005 11:46 pm

Congratulations! All the best with your new life :)

tracyd May 31st 2005 6:21 am

Fantastic news - congratulations!!!!!

Good luck for your future in Oz

Tracy

prem_career May 31st 2005 6:28 am

Congrats !!!!

Regards
Prem

fozzie May 31st 2005 7:34 am