Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got very fast response from case officer but now ..... ??

Got very fast response from case officer but now ..... ??

Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough
Default Got very fast response from case officer but now ..... ??

Hello All there

I am also one of those lot of people who have submitted all the required info and paper
but not recieved any further inquiry from DIMIA so I built up my courage and thought for three days before I finally wrote to my case officer this morning asking him whether he received the BOND receipt and when could I expect to hear from them.
I was amazed as he responded to my email in 4 hours and he told me that he was too busy so had not got a chance to see the receipt and he also said he will find the receipt and make a decision by next week.

So I am caught in fire what to do and what to expect anybody plsgive me some assurances and
advices. I am under designated area sponsored category.
Can there be anything that he will inquire within this week any suggestions or will it be jsut verifying the BOND recipt and make the decision???

Poks
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Got very fast response from case officer but now ..... ??

Hi I too am 139 visa and exactly the same happened to me. I mailed my case officer to check she had bond receipt. She mailed me to say no (after 2 weeks), then the next day sent me 3 mails 1 after another saying

1. Found receipt
2. Where did I want my visa evidencing? (although I had sent a letter stating london but it must have disappeared)
and
3. Visa granted, letter in the post!

Hope it's similar for you!

Jayne
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Freo555 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long after lodging the bond did you contact your case officer?

Freo
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

I gave it 2 weeks after posting it to check she had received it!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:59 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pokhrea
Hello All there

I am also one of those lot of people who have submitted all the required info and paper
but not recieved any further inquiry from DIMIA so I built up my courage and thought for three days before I finally wrote to my case officer this morning asking him whether he received the BOND receipt and when could I expect to hear from them.
I was amazed as he responded to my email in 4 hours and he told me that he was too busy so had not got a chance to see the receipt and he also said he will find the receipt and make a decision by next week.

So I am caught in fire what to do and what to expect anybody plsgive me some assurances and
advices. I am under designated area sponsored category.
Can there be anything that he will inquire within this week any suggestions or will it be jsut verifying the BOND recipt and make the decision???

Poks

I would imagine what he meant was "" Oh god, know I haven't looked at it, been too busy thinking about my holiday/ weekend/ row with the boss etc to even look at it, but I will do and you should get your visas anyday now!!!"" Isn't the bond the final thing, we were skilled sponsored and the bond was the last thing and we were 99% guaranteed to get the visa once the bond was requested, got it 10 days after posting the documents. Good Luck and keep us informed.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough

Thanks all for sharing.

I do hope that he finds the receipt and makes a decision soon. Is there a timelimit to get the visa evidence after u are granted the visa?

After validating do we need to get any other permit to come back and then return after 2-3 years?
Where can i find info regarding that

Thanks Again