Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got Tra Back !!!

Got Tra Back !!!

Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Cool Got Tra Back !!!

At last after sending off my application on the 12th December 03, I got it back today.!!!

Paid $500 for priority

Now I can go on and do the main application, first hurdle done.

TRA now recognise me as GUNSMITH

Just got to decide what job I'm really going to do out there, and get the qualifications, I have about a year to do it, judging by average application times, but the RAF is a big company, it can afford these expensive courses!

Just got to stop the inlaws talking the misses out of migration at every opertunity.

Mike

Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Tra Back !!!

Originally posted by marson
At last after sending off my application on the 12th December 03, I got it back today.!!!

Paid $500 for priority

Just got to decide what job I'm really going to do out there, and get the qualifications, I have about a year to do it, judging by average application times, but the RAF is a big company, it can afford these expensive courses!

Just got to stop the inlaws talking the misses out of migration at every opertunity.

Mike

Congrats, that's the hardest part over.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Well done marson and missus,

good luck on the rest of your journey!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:47 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Marson, classified as a gunsmith by the TRA.

Hmmmmm, that to me says that he may well be a plumber. Thats the RAF nickname for a Weapons Technician to those not in the RAF know.

Would I be correct in the thought????
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ianj
Marson, classified as a gunsmith by the TRA.

Hmmmmm, that to me says that he may well be a plumber. Thats the RAF nickname for a Weapons Technician to those not in the RAF know.

Would I be correct in the thought????

Yes Weapon Technicians in the RAF are known as Plumbers! and Bomheads, and Dullards too I think, but Gunsmith is the classification I sought because I have worked in an armoury for so long......

Mike
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 8:29 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

So is that presuming you were in the mob or still are???

A i'm an Armra
B i'm an Armra
etc etc etc

Know it well, up until last year I was one of her majestys finest ETW's (maybe not finest).

All change now tho
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ianj
So is that presuming you were in the mob or still are???

A i'm an Armra
B i'm an Armra
etc etc etc

Know it well, up until last year I was one of her majestys finest ETW's (maybe not finest).

All change now tho

Oh yes still in, at St. Mawgan (RAF Butlins) PVR filled in ready to submit, Immigration have told me they will do the whole application process, and before the issue Visas they will need to see discharge papers, so I can wait until/if I get notification of Visa issue, then submit the PVR, waiting times are 6 months, but 28 days if I have a job offer, which I have whenever I want.

Mike Marson ETW30
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 9:08 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Tra Back !!!

Paid $500 for priority

Mike

nice one must feel like a big monkey off the back eh!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 9:36 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

Hmmmmmm......ETW 30

5 behind me
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done.
Our agent finally sent Kevin's bits off to be assessed earlier this week, it is taking ages!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kelly T
Well Done.
Our agent finally sent Kevin's bits off to be assessed earlier this week, it is taking ages!!!

Now is the worst part, the wait, it takes 2 days to get there, then they dont tell you they have got the ap until a week before they send you the result.

12th Dec sent out,
14th Feb got letter confirming they got it
21st Feb got result

(Priority system)

Not sure how long the normal system is taking.

Why have you used an agent? is he/she expensive?

Mike
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Now is the worst part, the wait, it takes 2 days to get there, then they dont tell you they have got the ap until a week before they send you the result.

12th Dec sent out,
14th Feb got letter confirming they got it
21st Feb got result

(Priority system)

Not sure how long the normal system is taking.

Why have you used an agent? is he/she expensive?

Mike

Hi Mike,
We are with Go Matilda, chose them because we heard good reports from other people.
We went with an agent because we wanted to make sure that the information and anything written that we had to send was correct.
The whole lot, in the end will cost around about £2,600.

We also sent Kevin's certificates etc off (to the agent) 12th Dec and only last week did we hear that he had sent them off to be assessed.
Just feels like nothing much is happening, hopefully in another year we should be starting to get ready to go!!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

I suppose after I send off this Main Ap I will have about a year, so it's time to start thinking about where to settle/what to do.

Good luck kelly/kevin, and thanks all for the best wishes

Mike
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:41 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Yep the wait is very annoying, will they, wont they thoughts are driving me nuts!!!! still about 4 weeks if they do mine in the same time scale!