Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got PCC in 25 days!

Got PCC in 25 days!

Old May 21st 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got PCC in 25 days!

I rang my local police force (Northumbria). Told them they had to fax it across to NSY and then in the afternoon I phoned NSY, Just to make sure!

They said that they were doing it as we spoke. Phoned them again this morning and they said I should have it in the morning as it is being sent today.

Good stuff - can eventually send off my application now!

For those still waiting - PRESSURISE them. Its their job, give them something to do at work!

Anthony (with fingers and toes crossed that my visa is accepted)
Old May 21st 2003, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

cool

onwards and upwards..

cheers

richard
Old May 21st 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Rich

Hopefully not long to go now!

Will send off my application at end of week / beginning of next week

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take.... (spouse visa)

Anthony
Old May 21st 2003, 11:52 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got PCC in 25 days!

Originally posted by anthonykirby
I rang my local police force (Northumbria). Told them they had to fax it across to NSY and then in the afternoon I phoned NSY, Just to make sure!

They said that they were doing it as we spoke. Phoned them again this morning and they said I should have it in the morning as it is being sent today.

Good stuff - can eventually send off my application now!

For those still waiting - PRESSURISE them. Its their job, give them something to do at work!

Anthony (with fingers and toes crossed that my visa is accepted)
Lucky so and so

I just phoned NSY and they told me there was nothing they could do for me until the 25 days had elapsed.

I tried telling them that my visa had a deadline of 60 days (which it does....) and that IF it actually did come back on 40 days that would only leave me a week to get it to AHC, and if it did'nt come back i am b*ggered, but they basically said tough....

Ho hum....

Pete.
Old May 21st 2003, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I got mine back in 5 days and cannot believe the excuses re time elapsing etc poor people are being told.

I put mine in the local cop shop on Monday last week and had them in my hands by Saturday last week.

I phoned them on Friday and said look it's not me that is rushing this it's the Ozzy Governement, they need them, and the guy asked for my name and checked and said ok yes you lucky they are on their way to you.

I think it is the luck of who you speak to, I didn't let the guy speak when I first got on teh phone and only letting him give me a straight answer.
I don't see why we should wait or be concerned about checking up.

Good luck to everyone.

Carrianne
Old May 21st 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Default PCC

Just lay it on...

Phone your local bureau (who dealt with your form in the first instance).

Tell them that NSY asked THEM to fax it across so they can deal with it immediately.

THEN phone NSY and ask them to check if they received it (give it couple of hours though)

IF they have YOU tell THEM that they need to post it today/tomorrow.

Let them listen - WE talk !!! thats why we pay taxes etc (or is that why I sell things!!!)

Anthony
Old May 21st 2003, 2:43 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PCC

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Just lay it on...

Phone your local bureau (who dealt with your form in the first instance).

Tell them that NSY asked THEM to fax it across so they can deal with it immediately.

THEN phone NSY and ask them to check if they received it (give it couple of hours though)

IF they have YOU tell THEM that they need to post it today/tomorrow.

Let them listen - WE talk !!! thats why we pay taxes etc (or is that why I sell things!!!)

Anthony
I keep getting really helpful people on the end of the phone at NY Police and NSY but they don't seem to have done what has been asked of them

NY Police's system was down this morning and is meant to be calling me back when he sends the fax but still no joy. I am going to chase this up again in the morning. NSY is phoning me when the fax arrives at their end.

In fact I think I will call again now. I'm sick of waiting Like you say keep the pressure on them

Jo