Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got our pr, new baby on the way, how do we add them on?!

Got our pr, new baby on the way, how do we add them on?!

Old Apr 24th 2004, 8:41 am
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got our pr, new baby on the way, how do we add them on?!

We have recently validated our visas , however we have a baby on the way and would like some advice on how we get them added to the visa whent they are born-I was not pregnant when we applied. I have heard that it is beter to wait until we get to Australia and apply from there. Any one had experience of this?!
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 24th 2004, 9:05 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Got our pr, new baby on the way, how do we add them on?!

Originally posted by canary
We have recently validated our visas , however we have a baby on the way and would like some advice on how we get them added to the visa whent they are born-I was not pregnant when we applied. I have heard that it is beter to wait until we get to Australia and apply from there. Any one had experience of this?!
Thanks in advance!
Will the baby be born in Australia ?

Old Apr 24th 2004, 9:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got our pr, new baby on the way, how do we add them on?!

If the baby is born in Australia, it will be an Australian citizen automatically (as you have PR visas). No need for a visa.

Otherwise you need to sponsor for PR via the Dependent Child route. New application form, fee, and the child will need a medical.

Jeremy

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by JAJ; Apr 24th 2004 at 9:26 am.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 9:36 am
ABCDiamond

So get yourselves over to OZ before the baby is born !!

Or at least the Mum !

But don't leave it to late, the airlines don't like labour occuring during flight

Old Apr 24th 2004, 11:15 am
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks For the info -the baby will be born here and we will be moving over to Sydney next year. Could we apply for the visa once we get there ( and go on a tourist visa) or is it better to get it done before we go? Is it usually straight forward?!
Cheers!
Old Apr 24th 2004, 12:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's better to get the visa before you go (and a variety of traps await those who want to do things the wrong way around).

The AHC London is normally quick to process child visa applications, and since 1 Nov 2003, a PR is not obliged to be 'usually resident' in Australia to sponsor for child visas.

Start by downloading the information on child migration from the DIMIA website.

Also look at http://www.australia.org.uk

Jeremy

Thanks For the info -the baby will be born here and we will be moving over to Sydney next year. Could we apply for the visa once we get there ( and go on a tourist visa) or is it better to get it done before we go? Is it usually straight forward?!
Cheers!