Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got our first grandson! do we go? or dont we? HELP!!!

got our first grandson! do we go? or dont we? HELP!!!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough
Default got our first grandson! do we go? or dont we? HELP!!!

We have just received acknowledgement from TRA of our skills ass application and are awaiting the outcome.
we have been working hard gettin all the docs together, chasing ex employers etc...
We have 2 sons, matt 15 and martin 20, martin is gonna follow us to oz eventually, ( i hate the thought of leaving him here in blighty) his girlfriend has just had a baby!! we are now grandparents! at 37!!!! (is this a record?)
the new baby has hit us hard! were struggling with the fact that we now not only leave our eldest son, but our first grandson! our emotions are in tatters! i feel that our martin now will never come to oz to be with us, his priorities have changed massively! we would love him, girlfriend and baby to come to oz with us, but i just cant see this happening! We decided to go to oz to give our kids, and theirs, a better chance in life away from the chavs and smackheads!
OH MY GOD, has anyone had these doubts?
does anyone have some "wise words" to help us see clearly again?
how will my son, girlfriend and baby "get into" oz if they do decide they want to live in oz
Dear me! my heart is heavy and my head in bits!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got our first grandson! do we go? or dont we? HELP!!!

Originally Posted by davyboy
We have just received acknowledgement from TRA of our skills ass application and are awaiting the outcome.
we have been working hard gettin all the docs together, chasing ex employers etc...
We have 2 sons, matt 15 and martin 20, martin is gonna follow us to oz eventually, ( i hate the thought of leaving him here in blighty) his girlfriend has just had a baby!! we are now grandparents! at 37!!!! (is this a record?)
the new baby has hit us hard! were struggling with the fact that we now not only leave our eldest son, but our first grandson! our emotions are in tatters! i feel that our martin now will never come to oz to be with us, his priorities have changed massively! we would love him, girlfriend and baby to come to oz with us, but i just cant see this happening! We decided to go to oz to give our kids, and theirs, a better chance in life away from the chavs and smackheads!
OH MY GOD, has anyone had these doubts?
does anyone have some "wise words" to help us see clearly again?
how will my son, girlfriend and baby "get into" oz if they do decide they want to live in oz
Dear me! my heart is heavy and my head in bits!

My Mum was a granny at 36, so she just beat you

Massive congratulations on the baby, bet your chuffed to bits aren't you.

I'd say, just carry on with your application, put it all to the back of your minds and enjoy the bubs for a while. You have plenty of time to move out here after you get your visa. You could alway come just to validate if you're still in two minds.

As for your son coming out here, he stands more chance if you are here, not to mention all the help you can give them to settle if/when they do come. Believe me, it makes a real difference.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

davyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the roughdavyboy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Wedny! gutted your mum beat us!
thanks for the advice! these forums are amazing! im feeling slightly better already!!!
thank you
Peace n that
Davy

Originally Posted by WendyC
My Mum was a granny at 36, so she just beat you

Massive congratulations on the baby, bet your chuffed to bits aren't you.

I'd say, just carry on with your application, put it all to the back of your minds and enjoy the bubs for a while. You have plenty of time to move out here after you get your visa. You could alway come just to validate if you're still in two minds.

As for your son coming out here, he stands more chance if you are here, not to mention all the help you can give them to settle if/when they do come. Believe me, it makes a real difference.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:23 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS................................... ....................................GRANNY enjoy your new Grandson but keep sight of why you decided to move to Oz in the first place. Once you have the visa you can then make a decision either way but don't jump to a snap decision now you may live to regret it.

I have 4 beautiful grandchildren (my first when I was 37 and my Hubby(no 2) was 28 ) and I will miss them and my 2 daughters and their other halves like mad BUT we are flying out to Oz on 11th October to begin part 2 of our lives. You are only a phone call/e-mail/flight away even though it's the other side of the world.

Loz x
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=WendyC]My Mum was a granny at 36, so she just beat you

my mum was agrandmother at 36 aswell , she has just become a great grandmother aswell , which makes me a great aunty and im not 40 either !!!!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

A friend of mine became a grandmother at 32!
My youngest sister is a great aunt at the age of 26 and became one at the age of 16 and she was born an auntie.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Congrats on becoming a glam gran.
I took my kids away from thier grandparents 8 years ago and yes we have a better life nice house beaches etc but are the kids better off no I don't think so should of been brought up with family around.