Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got our court order

Got our court order

Old May 31st 2007, 9:17 am
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default Got our court order

Well we have got our court order to take the girls out of the uk and we did it with very little help from a solicitor

Background

I have 2 daughters from my previous marriage, who are 14 and 16. My ex said he would sign a stat dec but then changed his mind !!!! and decided that he did not what to see the girls again :curse:. So he packed their stuff into bags and told them to get lost. He has now sold his house and will not speak to the girls at all

The process

We used a solicitor to send him so letters with attached stat dec, to serve him with the court paper work and to do the statement for court.

but we filed the case and attended court ourselves. This has kept the cost down alot. It was scary but the court staff are very helpful.

If your ex is not fighting the case then this is a do able option

Please message me if you would like more details

Last edited by hopefullybrisbane; May 31st 2007 at 9:32 am.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Darwin Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Got our court order

I am going through this procedure at the moment and so far it has cost me £5.000!!!!!
I am using a solicitor and a barrister as I had no idea you could DIY!!
My girls are 17 & 9 and aalthoughthe oldest is 18 in July she is still included on all the court papers. We had the first hearing three weeks ago and hope the final hearing will be sometime in July.
We estimate the final cost to be £7-8000 or maybe more if the ex takes it to the court of appeal.

Good luck with the rest of your exciting journey to Australia
Old May 31st 2007, 3:07 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got our court order

Many congrats to you......good luck with it all Ems x
Old May 31st 2007, 6:10 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations at doing this yourself and for winning
J x
Old May 31st 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Congratulations at doing this yourself and for winning
J x
I have 2 children from previous marriage 17 and 14 they had already changed their names when I remarried 8 yrs ago with ex permission, luckily in a way he doesn't see them and they don't want to see him, we were told that if I typed a letter saying that he agreed to the children going to Oz with me and the rest of the family and he (ex) and I went to solicitors and signed it in front of the solicitor with our ID that would be sufficent (cost £5) so that is what we did the solicitor didn't say anything and we will know shortly if it is OK as we are about to send visa 136 off. It was the australian government that advised me via e mail that this would be OK. Fingers crossed!

Helen
Old May 31st 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

kirston will become famous soon enough

Hiya,
im looking into emigrating and like you have kids from my first marriage,if my ex refuses to co-operate i would have to go done the court order route .Could you give me more specifics on what i would have to do,what forms do i ask for,what happens if he contests it etc etc.Many thanks.Pm me if you would rather.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:41 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirston
Hiya,
im looking into emigrating and like you have kids from my first marriage,if my ex refuses to co-operate i would have to go done the court order route .Could you give me more specifics on what i would have to do,what forms do i ask for,what happens if he contests it etc etc.Many thanks.Pm me if you would rather.
PM my mrs mate her name is Katsmajic she will offer you some advice we had to do this with my mrs 3 kids.

We got their dads PR removed and granted to me such joy with a 15 and 14 yr old lol.

It took us a couple of months and about £150.

PM katsmajic mate for more info.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:37 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

That is great news. I am just starting the process and he objected verbally with my solicitor. My first court date was on the 24th and he didn't turn up - one to me. However, as he voiced objections we now have to go to the next stage - CAFCAS reports. Problem with this is that there is a huge backlog in the sheffield area due to so many of their staff being off sick. A date was set for mid September but the Court CAFCAS officer was unsure if we would have the reports done for that date - we shall see.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
Well we have got our court order to take the girls out of the uk and we did it with very little help from a solicitor

Background

I have 2 daughters from my previous marriage, who are 14 and 16. My ex said he would sign a stat dec but then changed his mind !!!! and decided that he did not what to see the girls again :curse:. So he packed their stuff into bags and told them to get lost. He has now sold his house and will not speak to the girls at all

The process

We used a solicitor to send him so letters with attached stat dec, to serve him with the court paper work and to do the statement for court.

but we filed the case and attended court ourselves. This has kept the cost down alot. It was scary but the court staff are very helpful.

If your ex is not fighting the case then this is a do able option

Please message me if you would like more details
That's fantastic news!!! Pleased for you!

Best of luck with the rest!!

Angie