Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got an offer on the house at last

Got an offer on the house at last

Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:50 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Talking Got an offer on the house at last

Finally, after 14 viewings over 7 weeks we got our first offer. After a little negotiation, we got it to where we wanted. They have only put their house on the market today though (with the same agent), so we haven't taken ours off the market. Got another 3 viewings this weekend so hopefully someone will turn up with a large suitcase full of cash... otherwise we will have to wait for the chain to form. ZZZzzzz. Don't you hate the British process of house selling?

Some movement on the visas would be nice soon, although they can hang fire until I have sent them copies of the new passports that I applied for 2 days ago!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:52 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got an offer on the house at last

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Finally, after 14 viewings over 7 weeks we got our first offer. After a little negotiation, we got it to where we wanted. They have only put their house on the market today though (with the same agent), so we haven't taken ours off the market. Got another 3 viewings this weekend so hopefully someone will turn up with a large suitcase full of cash... otherwise we will have to wait for the chain to form. ZZZzzzz. Don't you hate the British process of house selling?

Some movement on the visas would be nice soon, although they can hang fire until I have sent them copies of the new passports that I applied for 2 days ago!
Good work Fingers crossed. Hope that all things come back with good results at the right time
Badri
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:53 am

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by badri
Good work Fingers crossed. Hope that all things come back with good results at the right time
Badri
Here's hoping. I take it you haven't heard anything more yet Badri?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:59 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi,

Our house went on the market today, obviously chose the cheapest one of the three agents we looked at, no sniffs yet but one of the agents we rejected says they have two viewings lined up! Oh well, there's no panic at the moment but money in the bank would be nicer!

Good luck!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Great news lets hope they sell theirs quickly hope all goes well

Debs xxx
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

well done and congrats! Wish we were where you are right now! Did you go sole agency?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Congratulations!!

Its all starting to happen!!!!! :scared:

Sending you some karma!!

Roni
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:05 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the house front. If it's any help, I have applied for two new passports and these were returned to me within 1 week!!! Quick eh, and i didn't use the post office fast track service which was an extra £6 each. So goodluck.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
well done and congrats! Wish we were where you are right now! Did you go sole agency?
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, we went sole agency. Being a pre-July applicant, we weren't in that much of a rush...
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:12 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on finally getting that elusive sale!!! It's very good that your agents are still obviously marketing your house. So many agents say they will do this but rarely follow through.

Good Luck!!!!

Petra
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by artep
Well done on finally getting that elusive sale!!! It's very good that your agents are still obviously marketing your house. So many agents say they will do this but rarely follow through.

Good Luck!!!!

Petra
Yeah. There was a house down the road under offer, and they were always showing people around that before taking them to ours, so we're confident they will keep actively showing it. It's in their interest to get a firm buyer as well I guess.