Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got It!! And not before time!

Wikiposts

Got It!! And not before time!

Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:38 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations mate. Good on yer!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Kentish best of luck in Oz.

footie chick
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:49 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Good stuff! Congratulations. Hope it all goes well!

Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:54 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got It!! And not before time!

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Finally I have that precious de facto visa stamp in my passport! Can't complain about DIMIA - sent the application at the end of February and they came back within a week to tell me I can't pay by cheque (D'OH!). Less than a week after that they requested Australian police checks. These took three long months to get from the bastard Federal Police but never mind now.

The police checks were with DIMIA Monday and the recorded delivery visa came Thursday which I picked up from the PO today.

So now I can book that flight! Plan to leave end of September, three weeks R & R in Thailand then to the in-laws in Victor Harbor, SA until after Christmas when we will head to Brisbane to start a new life. Can't wait.

Many, many thanks to all who have provided advice and help. This forum was a beacon at the start of the process to get to Oz. Hope I can help any starting the same process in future.

Congrats! It does seem like forever since you applied....still, best things are worth waiting for and all that. Off you go, get some beer into you