Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got It!! And not before time!

Wikiposts

Got It!! And not before time!

Old Jun 19th 2004, 4:59 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Got It!! And not before time!

Finally I have that precious de facto visa stamp in my passport! Can't complain about DIMIA - sent the application at the end of February and they came back within a week to tell me I can't pay by cheque (D'OH!). Less than a week after that they requested Australian police checks. These took three long months to get from the bastard Federal Police but never mind now.

The police checks were with DIMIA Monday and the recorded delivery visa came Thursday which I picked up from the PO today.

So now I can book that flight! Plan to leave end of September, three weeks R & R in Thailand then to the in-laws in Victor Harbor, SA until after Christmas when we will head to Brisbane to start a new life. Can't wait.

Many, many thanks to all who have provided advice and help. This forum was a beacon at the start of the process to get to Oz. Hope I can help any starting the same process in future.

Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Kentish Man, have a for me.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best keep us informed of how it all goes cheers
Dreamaway
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Superb news! Well done, hope you wake up with a HUGE hangover tomorrow (in the nicest way of course)
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:38 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got It!! And not before time!

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Finally I have that precious de facto visa stamp in my passport! Can't complain about DIMIA - sent the application at the end of February and they came back within a week to tell me I can't pay by cheque (D'OH!). Less than a week after that they requested Australian police checks. These took three long months to get from the bastard Federal Police but never mind now.

The police checks were with DIMIA Monday and the recorded delivery visa came Thursday which I picked up from the PO today.

So now I can book that flight! Plan to leave end of September, three weeks R & R in Thailand then to the in-laws in Victor Harbor, SA until after Christmas when we will head to Brisbane to start a new life. Can't wait.

Many, many thanks to all who have provided advice and help. This forum was a beacon at the start of the process to get to Oz. Hope I can help any starting the same process in future.

Hi

Nice one

Nice to hear people getting through, not hearing to many members saying "We got it" lately.

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:03 am
Just Joined

rich higgins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kentish man on the way

Congratulations Kentish Man!!:PARTY:

Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy some more.

If all things go according to plan, we hope to be out there early next year.

All the best for the future.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:07 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

nice one kentish will have to meet up 4 a jar before you leave
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:23 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by wengerboy
nice one kentish will have to meet up 4 a jar before you leave
Cheers mate. Where have you beeen hiding recently?! Still celebrating the glorious season of Wenger and the boys?

Thanks to all for your best wishes.

Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:23 pm
ABCDiamond

Congratulations Kentish Man.

Good luck with everything, and let us know when you get to Brisbane. Did I ask you where in Brisbane you were heading to ? :forgetfull:

Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:29 pm
AWOL

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Congratulations Kentish Man.

Good luck with everything, and let us know when you get to Brisbane. Did I ask you where in Brisbane you were heading to ? :forgetfull:
Will keep you informed, probably in Brisbane in January. Whreabouts I have not a clue. Patner's family live in SA but we've decided to head to Brisbane where we know no one and see what happens!

:scared:

There's a lot of helpful posts on here regarding Brisbane so that will make things a lot easier. Thanks to ABCDiamond and others for this.

Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:24 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Excellent news, kentish man. Congratulations.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Beano is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent!! We can't wait for that news, It all seems like a distant dream at the moment but we know it'll happen, one day, eventually, hopefully, pleeeease!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:24 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate. Where have you beeen hiding recently?! Still celebrating the glorious season of Wenger and the boys?

Thanks to all for your best wishes.

yeah mixture of celebrating,getting positive tra,applying for stni,waiting to hear if i get stni,worrying about the modl changes on july 1st oh the joy of visa chasing
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!

Hope it all works out well for you.

olive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.