Got My QLD Driving Licence Today

Wikiposts

Got My QLD Driving Licence Today

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Default Got My QLD Driving Licence Today

Took the theory test today and passed.

10 questions on the first section, give way diagrams and having to say who had right of way, only allowed one wrong.

then 20 questions on road signs and general road user questions,
allowed 2 wrong.

$15.50 for the theory test, then varying prices for the actual licence dependant on how long you get one for (1-5 years). Photo took there and then and walk out with licence. Whole process took about 45 minutes.

Although not difficult suggest you do your home work, but if you fail can just go back the day after, and after, and after.......... until you pass. Of course $15.50 everytime.

(ok! I actually passed second time around)
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

well done!
Do you look like some kind of crim in your picture though
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by hevs
well done!
Do you look like some kind of crim in your picture though

I was born in Australia, so is this some kind of warped reference to the countries history?

I was actually laughing as "our lass' failed, oh well better luck tomorrow.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

No, not at all
I was told to stand on the footprints and look into the camera, paid for a ten yr licence only to end up looking like an extra from prisoner cell block H!!
They could do with a mirror
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by hevs
No, not at all
I was told to stand on the footprints and look into the camera, paid for a ten yr licence only to end up looking like an extra from prisoner cell block H!!
They could do with a mirror
10 years was not an option in QLD. Max 5 years.

In this age of digital photography, should be able to review, and reject or accept. How vain!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

In NSW a gold 5 year license is only available to those who have continuously held a NSW license for 5 years. I have a silver 3 year license.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by ScuntoBris

In this age of digital photography, should be able to review, and reject or accept. How vain!!!!
Exactly
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I didn't think it was easy at all!! Heaps harder than the UK theory.

Half of their give way rules are mad and don't make sense at all. I passed 2nd attempt- got 2 wrong the first time and hubby took 2 attempts plus me cribbing answers from the book

Needless to say we went for the 5yr licence option.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:21 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Thank god its only a written test and not a " out on the road experience", while having driven in Oz and found it a lot more relaxing, the thought of having to go through my driving test again would fill me with horror!!! While I have never had an accident in about 15 years it took me years to learn to drive, just couldn't get the stupid car to stay on the road and kept driving up the kerb for about 5 weeks, and the thought of mini roundabouts, roundabouts, hill starts, parking, 3 point turn and the thing I failed on REVERSING AROUND A CORNER!!!! used to haunt me, passed second time though, seven instructors later, I can now do an excellent park in a tight spot even with cars waiting !!!! .
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by leanda
Thank god its only a written test and not a " out on the road experience", while having driven in Oz and found it a lot more relaxing, the thought of having to go through my driving test again would fill me with horror!!! While I have never had an accident in about 15 years it took me years to learn to drive, just couldn't get the stupid car to stay on the road and kept driving up the kerb for about 5 weeks, and the thought of mini roundabouts, roundabouts, hill starts, parking, 3 point turn and the thing I failed on REVERSING AROUND A CORNER!!!! used to haunt me, passed second time though, seven instructors later, I can now do an excellent park in a tight spot even with cars waiting !!!! .
Not so bad for a women
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Saint Min is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone please help out re licences please as I'm a bit confused (not hard at all).

Is a British licence valid on arrival and if so, for how long?

Is it compulsory to take this test?

When you take the test, do you only ever take a theory one?

Do you have to keep re-taking every 3/5 or so years until you retire from driving?

What is legal driving age is Australia - my daughter will be 19 when we hopefully go and if she passes her test here, would it be valid over there?

Sorry so many questions
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Saint Min
Could anyone please help out re licences please as I'm a bit confused (not hard at all).

Is a British licence valid on arrival and if so, for how long?

Is it compulsory to take this test?

When you take the test, do you only ever take a theory one?

Do you have to keep re-taking every 3/5 or so years until you retire from driving?

What is legal driving age is Australia - my daughter will be 19 when we hopefully go and if she passes her test here, would it be valid over there?

Sorry so many questions
Could be different from state to state but in Queensland....

You can drive on your UK licence for 3 months only
Take the theory test only and get you Aus licence although this will only last for upto 5 years (depending on what you pay) we were informed today that you do not have to retake the theory test when you update your licence.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice
Default Re: Got My QLD Driving Licence Today

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Took the theory test today and passed.

10 questions on the first section, give way diagrams and having to say who had right of way, only allowed one wrong.

then 20 questions on road signs and general road user questions,
allowed 2 wrong.

$15.50 for the theory test, then varying prices for the actual licence dependant on how long you get one for (1-5 years). Photo took there and then and walk out with licence. Whole process took about 45 minutes.

Although not difficult suggest you do your home work, but if you fail can just go back the day after, and after, and after.......... until you pass. Of course $15.50 everytime.

(ok! I actually passed second time around)
Well done on passing - any test is horrible. Do you know if you can take this test whilst on a validation trip or do you have to reside on Oz first?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by remmie1
Well done on passing - any test is horrible. Do you know if you can take this test whilst on a validation trip or do you have to reside on Oz first?

Thanks
We had to provide proof of an Aus permanent address (electric bill, bank statement etc) therefore I think you will struggle, you must be a permanent resident to get a licence, but personally I would put this pretty low on your list of priorities as you have 3 months to obtain the licence.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Well done on the licence, but isnt the QLD licence cheap and nasty! (For non qld people, its a laminated bit of card with your piccy stuck on it).

Talking of which, my sons were just here from the UK, and had to produce ID in the local pub. The manager refused to accept their UK photo licences as valid ID because, and I quote "you can download them off the net".

Trev

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.