Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got My Police Checks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got My Police Checks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 20th 2002, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got My Police Checks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police Checks arrived today , sent forms on 17/05/02. Total 34 days, better than i thought or what has previously been posted.
Hope everybody else waiting gets theirs soon.

Cheers
Jamie
Old Jun 20th 2002, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got My Police Checks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's now 57 days and still waiting for me.

The UK government's Information Commissioner has recommended that I file an official complaint against the National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard as they are now in breach of the Data Protection Act which states that data must be provided within 40 days.

Sussex Police have been very helpful but they say that they have no powers over the NIS who appear to to be unwilling to communicate with anyone at the moment.

I sent off the complaint today. It could be a lengthy process involving the courts. At least this means that I can reclaim any losses but it's adding unnecessary delay to my visa application.

I suggest that anyone who has now waited longer than 40 days does the same otherwise you may wait forever.