Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got my GCSE results!

View Poll Results: Which University is the "best"?
Australian National University
0%
University of Melbourne
0%
Monash University
0%
Murdoch University
0%
University of New South Wales
100.00%
University of Sydney
0%
University of Queensland
0%
University of Adelaide
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Got my GCSE results!

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Got my GCSE results! / Which University?????

I got my GCSE results in the post.

A* for R.S
A for English Literature
English Language
Maths
Chemistry
Spanish
History
Drama
Design Technology
B for Physics
Biology
Information Technology

Now i have A levels and hopefully off to a Uni in Australia. What would be the best University to go to, does anyone have any stories or experiences about different Universities in Australia?
Thanks

Pommy babe.

Last edited by Pommy babe; Sep 2nd 2005 at 11:12 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:05 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my GCSE results!

Originally Posted by Pommy babe
I got my GCSE results in the post.

A* for R.S
A for English Literature
English Language
Maths
Chemistry
Spanish
History
Drama
Design Technology
B for Physics
Biology
Information Technology

Now i have A levels and hopefully off to a Uni in Australia. What would be the best University to go to, does anyone have any stories or experiences about different Universities in Australia?
Thanks

Pommy babe.
No idea on the uni front, Im studying at the College of Natural Medicine and probably be the oldest student there Just wanted to say congrats on your results. You must be stoked
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
No idea on the uni front, Im studying at the College of Natural Medicine and probably be the oldest student there Just wanted to say congrats on your results. You must be stoked
Thanks yeah I was really pleased when i had managed to open the envelope! - NERVES. :scared:

Are Universities in Aus very different in the way they teach etc. to those in U.K?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:11 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

where abouts in Aus are you going?
Have you PR or citizenship?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seang
where abouts in Aus are you going?
Have you PR or citizenship?
Yeah we have pr visa which is good and have just about enough time for me and my sis. to get enough U.K qualifications encase everything all goes pear shaped. I really want to go to Brisbane I prefered the people, city, weather etc. Also its destination and its quite close (compared to Perth) to other cities. I think my parents would prefer to go to Perth though because its a bit less humid. But it really doesn't matter where in the country I would go. Most kids don't stay with their parents whilst they are at Uni and I probably wont either.

Does it make difference where you live as to which Uni you can go to?
Also
If I have a pr visa would my Uni fees be the same as a citizen or an International Student?

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:25 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy babe

Does it make difference where you live as to which Uni you can go to?
Also
If I have a pr visa would my Uni fees be the same as a citizen or an International Student?

Thanks
To answer both points. As a PR as things stand (and this can change) you will at best get what is called a commonwealth supported place. This means till you get citizenship you will pay the same as Aus citizens BUT you have to pay your fees upfront without a discount and no deferal of fee's. At the moment it would be 2 years to get citizenship but this "may" be going up to 4 years => hope your parents have money. Also where you live does not matter but you have to factor in things like : if you are living away from home will you be able to afford the upfront fee's and living expenses. Hope this helps
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:29 am
small steps long journey

Also here is a site that has forums for all the UNI's and courses in Aus - here
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seang
To answer both points. As a PR as things stand (and this can change) you will at best get what is called a commonwealth supported place. This means till you get citizenship you will pay the same as Aus citizens BUT you have to pay your fees upfront without a discount and no deferal of fee's. At the moment it would be 2 years to get citizenship but this "may" be going up to 4 years => hope your parents have money. Also where you live does not matter but you have to factor in things like : if you are living away from home will you be able to afford the upfront fee's and living expenses. Hope this helps
Yeah thanks for that I was a little confused and Uni NSW sent me through a very informative if not a little confusing amount of paperwork - the size of a large Oxford English Dictionary! Must have cost a fortune in shipping.

Thanks again

Pommy babe
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 11:35 am
small steps long journey

check the link I posted that will help you heaps (thats australian for alot )