Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Got My Computer At Last

Got My Computer At Last

Old Feb 23rd 2003, 6:47 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about
Cool Got My Computer At Last

G'Day
Well i finally got my computer and got the internet set up.
We are all doing good down here in oz, infact it,s bloody darn good. Both me and Steve got jobs Brads in school and loving it and it really don,t seem like 4 months since we arrived.
There are a lot of new names on here since i last visited but i will get to know you all soon enough.
Well got to go going out for dinner. I,ll give you more of an up date later.
Debbie Jo
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

you are making us all very jealous, but its great to hear really positive news from down under.
Enjoy your meal.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got My Computer At Last

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
G'Day
We are all doing good down here in oz, infact it,s bloody darn good. Both me and Steve got jobs Brads in school and loving it and it really don,t seem like 4 months since we arrived.
There are a lot of new names on here since i last visited but i will get to know you all soon enough.
Debbie Jo

Where abouts are you in OZ?

Please give us some info on how you have found day-to-day things.

Glad you are enjoying it out there.
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got My Computer At Last

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
G'Day
Debbie Jo
Good to hear a success story. Congrats.

One quick question, can you get broadband connections at home as yet? and if so are they restricted - all the major suppliers in the Uk are putting daily download limits on - which rather defeats the purpose!

Best wishes

Kev
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point

How is your son finding school? is it alot different from UK. Are there fees you have to pay towards the education? Info would be appreciated.
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 10:49 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys
Just got back from dinner and it was nice to see a few reply already. Day to day living is much the same as England but you seem to have to get a licence or pay a fee for just about anything over here.(anything Government oriantated that is). You seem to have a lot more time after work to do things and you don't seem as tired. Food and petrol are much cheaper than England, petrol at moment about 40p per ltr. Dinner just cost $20 for the 3 of us thats about £8. My son goes to our local primary school and we have no fees to pay, but you have to buy some of there work books the cost is very minimal. The government even gives you $50 at xmas to buy uniform for new term.

Has for the question on broadband yes they have it over here but it is all different you pay up front for time or pay monthly for mega bites. I can't really tell you much more but we have oppted for pre paid time, we got 15 hours for $20 or 400 megs which ever comes first. There are many servers over here so if you are into computers big time then you need to shop around.

We are living in a place called Dapto it.s near Wollongong about 60 miles south of Sydney. House prices have gone up a lot since we last looked so we are renting at the moment typical cost for renting in this area for anything decent is around $180 to $250 per week.
Anyway guys hope i,ve answered all your questions so far if i can help any more please feel free to ask.

Tara for now

Debbie Jo
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Debbie Jo

Anyway guys hope i,ve answered all your questions so far if i can help any more please feel free to ask.

Hi Debbie-Jo,

Glad to hear you are settling in, we arrive in Sydney on 19th March, we are heading to Coff's Harbour but have decided to stop in Sydney for a few days and buy a 7 seater car then drive to Coff's (approx 4-5 hours).
At the moment we are trying to find web-sites for car's & accomadation in Sydney, so if you have the local papers with any web sites could you e-mail them to me?

Thanks Sue