Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

got my citizenship, now back to the uk!

got my citizenship, now back to the uk!

Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:24 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default got my citizenship, now back to the uk!

...... nah! only kidding. i'm here for the long haul!

congrats to all other new citizens who said their oath/affirmation on australia day. hope your ceremony was as good as the brissie one (604 poeple). apparently over 14,000 people became citizens yesterday.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got my citizenship, now back to the uk!

Originally Posted by brisnick

congrats to all other new citizens who said their oath/affirmation on australia day. hope your ceremony was as good as the brissie one (604 poeple). apparently over 14,000 people became citizens yesterday.

well done you!!

bloody 'ell......you been there that long already???

sue
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:27 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

many congrats to you.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Well done. Did you chose Australia day or were you given that day.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!! We were 'done' yesterday as well. 604 is a lot of people to get though!!! We had 191. When the Mayor gave my hubby his certificate she asked him who he was going to support in the cricket now.....and he replied that he hadn't decided yet.....DUH!!!!!

Anyway, congrats to everyone else too - I know there were a few yesterday being made citizens.

Rudi
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:10 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah Congrats to all you fellow Aussie's too!

Great day for it yesterday, I had a little tear in my eye when the Singer sang "I still call Australia home" at the ceremony.

72 of us done in Bayside, Melbourne. I've attached our piccies on the 'what shall I wear thread' but here goes again at the bottom of here....

Louise, Andi, Elysha and Caylum
Attached Thumbnails got my citizenship, now back to the uk!-were-ozzies-now-.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:07 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

no. i was actually approved for citizenship back in october, but to late to go to the november ceremony. and they save up the rest so the aussie day ceremony is a big one (it's usually the biggest one in australia).

i did have the choice of city hall with the masses, or a shed in hamilton with 30 people. no contest really.

Originally Posted by karenjc
Well done. Did you chose Australia day or were you given that day.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:34 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you all

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Jan 26th 2006 at 11:37 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:39 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Tiawamutu,

I think it's every month but luckily the Australia Day one worked out for us. We were approved in September, missed the Nov and the Jan one is always held on Australia Day.
At least we will always remember the day we became Ozzies.

Louise

Hey you edited your question while I was answering you!! It doesn't make sense now

Thanks for the wishes anyway!

Last edited by ljj; Jan 26th 2006 at 11:41 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:41 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Tiawamutu,

I think it's every month but luckily the Australia Day one worked out for us. We were approved in September, missed the Nov and the Jan one is always held on Australia Day.

Louise
Great....how long have you been there?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:43 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Great....how long have you been there?
2 years and 4 months (+1 day!)

Best choice we ever made, wonderfully happy here.

You?

Louise
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ljj
Tiawamutu,

Louise

Hey you edited your question while I was answering you!! It doesn't make sense now

Thanks for the wishes anyway!
Sorry...I thought I'd asked a daft question, thought I would look a bit silly

For anyone who's wondering what I wrote:

Do they only have ceremonies on Australia Day?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ljj
2 years and 4 months (+1 day!)

Best choice we ever made, wonderfully happy here.

You?

Louise
I'm not there yet, but hoping to be there June this year
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:56 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

just read your sign in. Perth is lovely, spent 4 days there in 2002 and intend visiting again, I hope you are really happy there.

Louise
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by ljj
just read your sign in. Perth is lovely, spent 4 days there in 2002 and intend visiting again, I hope you are really happy there.

Louise
Thanks ljj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.